The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default George Morris Clinic in FL Nov. 18-20

We are SO excited to announce George Morris will be returning to Pinehurst Stables in Florida for another clinic this fall, open for ANYONE to ride in/come audit:

George Morris 2-Day Clinic November 19-20
    Move-In/Schooling Day: Friday Nov 18

Three Session Height Levels Offered:
    - 2'6
    - 3'
    - 3'6"+

Gourmet catered lunch is included both days!

Riders and auditors receive great goody bags, and door prize drawings are held both days!

Early booking discounts are available! Get those forms in early to reserve your space!

See all registration forms, discounts, Q&A, etc. at http://www.PinehurstStables.com/clinics

Ooh, that's exciting! I might have to get an auditor ticket. Jupiter isn't too far away.

I sure wish I had a horse, could afford to ride instead of watch, and had no fear of George Morris eating me alive ().

Quote Originally Posted by acoustic View Post
    Ooh, that's exciting! I might have to get an auditor ticket. Jupiter isn't too far away.

I sure wish I had a horse, could afford to ride instead of watch, and had no fear of George Morris eating me alive ().
    That last paragraph is exactly what I've been thinking! I'm going with my trainer and some barnmates to the Birmingham clinic next month. Lord if I had a horse, the money, and courage!! Trainer is curious to see his teaching and delivery style in person... I'm even nervous about how much of the GM delivery will rub off on her after watching him for a few days. Eeek! ;-)

Just a reminder that this is the last week (until Sept 30th) for discounted rate early registration!

Standard registration will still remain available thru October.

Having just spent 2 days auditing his clinic here, I have 2 things to say.

1) Even if you can only audit, your head will explode from all the info and wisdom you will get. He teaches EVERYONE, not just those sitting on the horses. I was skeptical at how much I would get out of it (the only other time I've audited was several years ago when he was helping the UL eventers with their show jumping...I've never seen him teach "normal" people). However, I was blown away...my head is still spinning!

2) I now know what he is all about. He does not expect everyone to come out and ride like Beezie or whoever. He DOES expect that you will come out and try hard, pay attention, and give it your all. He will hound you about your faults and bad habits, but that's why you're there, right? He only truly gets cranky if you ride like a bone head, repeatedly make the same mistakes with no effort to fix them, or don't pay attention. If you are fluffy around the middle he MIGHT say something, but every time I heard a comment, it was with a good dose of humor, and most of the riders (and ring crew) chuckled at it (he patted our middle aged male rider on the belly and called him a weekend warrior). If you can't stand to be told you're doing it wrong, then you probably shouldn't ride with him. But if you can tolerate a bit of boot camp and perfectionism, he's not that scary! I'm saving my pennies to ride next year (and i'm an eventer!).

One month remaining until the George Morris Clinic at Pinehurst!

Just a friendly reminder to get those auditor and rider registration forms in ASAP- official deadline is Nov. 5th, but spaces are filling in a hurry!