The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hey H/J people...are you all still loving and buying Prelude by Mozart babies?

I know Prelude has ALWAYS been a hit in the Hunter world but I'm just curious if any of his babies are still selling to H/J ppl like hot-cakes!

Never heard of him.

Me neither.
    When the boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks the closet for George Morris. -mpsbarnmanager

neither have I.
    ....Of the younger variety

Now I don't feel bad since I don't know this stallion either!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

"I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

I think it is safe to say that Prelude has never been a hit in the hunter world (although he seems to be a nice horse) because the hunter world doesn't favor Trakheners.

The fact that Abdullah was a Trak, was a surprise to most people, but other than him (and either Schoenfeld/felder), I can't think of any Trak stallions that have been used enough in the hunter world tobecome known here.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't see him ever becoming a big deal. Good try at getting some free advertising, though!
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    I think it is safe to say that Prelude has never been a hit in the hunter world (although he seems to be a nice horse) because the hunter world doesn't favor Trakheners.

The fact that Abdullah was a Trak, was a surprise to most people, but other than him (and either Schoenfeld/felder), I can't think of any Trak stallions that have been used enough in the hunter world tobecome known here.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't see him ever becoming a big deal. Good try at getting some free advertising, though!
    What about http://www.broadhillrunfarm.com/hennessey.cfm I thought he was rather popular for a period of time ?

And his son Zarr http://www.wariotofarminc.com/zarr.html

and wasn't there another Zealous maybe ?
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Hennessy and his son Zarr, are the only Trak stallions I've heard people using for hunters. Have never heard of Prelude (or Mozart). From the videos on the site, would definitely not use him to produce a hunter jump.

uhh that prelude horse hangs his knees :/ i woudln't want my hunter to come out like that.

From an (admittedly quick) search of the boards... the only one asking/posting about this stallion is the OP?!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Not a stallion I would ever consider for a hunter? His jumping form is certainly not one to emulate.
    Erin and
    Instant Karma "Sunny", ShineDown "Liam"

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails."

where the truck's a Ford and the tractor's green

Is anyone else wondering why an owner in Connecticut would send their stallion to Texas and Jeff White of all places to be marketed? I know Jeff and he's a really nice guy and really great with pony kids and adult ammy's, but he isn't exactly someone I would pick to ride/advertise my stallion. Why Texas? And in Texas would I choose.....Matt Cyphert? Yes. Even Mike McCormick. But that's just kind of....odd - to me anyways.

As much as I love that Drowning Pool song, I am not sure if it is appropriate to market a stallion with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwsJp02LHB0

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    As much as I love that Drowning Pool song, I am not sure if it is appropriate to market a stallion with.

Eek, that text! Drove me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post

Exactly. I'm not trying to be a total snob, but that entire stallion promo was hard to watch. It looked like the kind of video a 10 year old girl makes for her favorite pony- minus the song choice.
    I've never heard of this stallion either- but I've only met one trak I've ever liked so I could be in the minority on that....

where the truck's a Ford and the tractor's green

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Pony View Post
    Exactly. I'm not trying to be a total snob, but that entire stallion promo was hard to watch. It looked like the kind of video a 10 year old girl makes for her favorite pony- minus the song choice.
    I've never heard of this stallion either- but I've only met one trak I've ever liked so I could be in the minority on that....
    Are you sure this isn't the case? If you dig around through some of her posts, some of them are almost too ridiculous to be true. In one, she was asking whether the mare or stallion determined the sex of the offspring (um, middle school biology, anybody?) and in another she divulged a previous cocaine habit, and in yet another one she divulged an addiction to a controlled substance.

actually I was thinking the horse jumped really well for a trakehner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Blanco View Post
    Are you sure this isn't the case? If you dig around through some of her posts, some of them are almost too ridiculous to be true. In one, she was asking whether the mare or stallion determined the sex of the offspring (um, middle school biology, anybody?) and in another she divulged a previous cocaine habit, and in yet another one she divulged an addiction to a controlled substance.
    Just so there is no confusion, the OP is NOT Prelude By Mozart's owner.
    www.four-leaf-farm.com
    Proud Breeder of Trakehners and Anglo-Trakehners.

Default Wow, this is a total shock to me!

A couple years ago I saw threads all over the H/J board of Prelude being a really popular hunter stallion! In fact, at one point a friend of mine asked on one of the forums (not sure which one) what hunter breeding stallion to breed to and a ton of people responded w/ Prelude.

Oh, and yes, I am NOT the owner of stallion so Rio, chill the hell out and pull whatever is up your ass out and QUICK! Oh, and what cocaine habit? If you read the post you will see that I said I tried coke once at a horse show party and HATED IT, gave me a panic attack! lol!

Plus, the reason I ask is that I know his babies have pretty much ALL turned out to be winners in the big circuit hunter or jumper ring! Plus, Prelude's American trakehner association (who probably hold the most picky, critical, hard-to pass inspections of ALL the warmblood breeds, at least according to a holsteiner/hanoverian breeder! ) had AMAZING scores. I saw his inspection scores (as well as the mare I'm purchasing and breeding to) and they were both incredible! The trakehner association a very much purists and a horse has to be damn near perfect to be allowed in to the books! I will also remind everyone that the stallion tests are absolutely brutal and VERY physically demanding. Most can't hack it! So, if theres a couple photos/video of him hanging his knees its probably cuz he was so exhausted~!!

And whats with all the "no fans of trakehners" that responded to this?! Its a complete and utter myth that trakehners are hot!