The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Inexpensive Breeches that fit like TS Trophy Hunters?

I did a quick search to see if this had been covered before, and couldn't find any suggestions (apologies if I missed something!) I LOVE my TS Trophy Hunters - I got them on clearance at SmartPak and I wish I'd bought more at that price. I have one pair, and I ride in them almost every day, sometimes multiple horses. Gross, I know. At least they're dark brown and don't show dirt.

I have a couple other pairs of breeches which I bought only because they were cheap and now never wear because they're uncomfortable and unflattering. I guess you get what you pay for...

Obviously, I need another pair of good breeches - just for schooling, I don't show. Knowing that there are fashion and breeches gurus on here, I figured I'd ask -- for those of you that love the Trophy Hunters, are there any less expensive brands/styles that you would recommend that fit similarly?

Look at RJ classics.... i bought at pair at Equine affaire for $50 that look and feel just like TS. You can't tell the difference either. Smartpak has them, you should check 'em out!

Tuff rider pull ons are $20 or $30 dollars and are AMAZING Ive never tried the TS Trophy hunters but the Tuff rider are definetly worth trying on the only problem is theyre kind of thin which is great in the summer but they get the holes above the knee patchs in about a year or so

I have never tried to cram myself into TS breeches because everywhere I read its "TS is for stick figures!" but I've seen them in person so I know what they look/feel like.

Point of this being...I just bought a couple pairs of Custom Riding Apparel breeches from Equestrian Corner at a great price ($69 a pop) which I've heard are pretty much dopplegangers to the TS 4-way stretch breeches. And from my experience, fabric, cut and look are very similar. I have to say, I love them! No euro seat, but I can do without on a couple pairs of schooling breeches. So I would definitely check them out!

I agree about the RJ Classics. They do them with or without the Euroseat and they're awesome!

Oooh, thanks everyone for suggestions!! I've seen the RJ Classics online before, and always wondered about them, so it's nice to hear from people who have them! I do find Tuff Rider pull-ons comfortable, but the thin fabric gives me pantylines (TMI?!)

Now I get to go shopping...!

Grand Prix Vegas, front-zip euro seat, about $95

Trainer's Choice, don't know the model name, side zip, euro seat, and you can get piping trim on the pockets. They are also about $100.

Romfh!
    "The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die!"
    ----> Pre

Equestrian Collection was just having a ton of Tailored Sportsmans on sale for basically half with free shipping.

FYI.

Don't forget to check out Ebay- I got a new pair of Mountain Horse breeches for less than half price.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

I love the Grand Prix Vegas, even though they are front zip. Dover usually has them on sale around $90 and they fit a normal body shape way better than any of the Ariats, very flattering fit in my opinion. They run true to size too, so easy to order online.