The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default RunForIt, are you the AEC's volunteer coordinator again?

Or do you know who is? I sent the form in via the CHE website, but I got a weird screen after hitting 'submit', so I'm not sure if it went through.

I'd like to volunteer, and I have a question or two also.

And to whoever's in charge of the weather, could you go easy on the sun and humidity? A good breeze and some cloud cover would be nice, since there's no real shade out there. Thanks!

I second that weather request Sage!

And... I'm 90% sure Lynda is enjoying the show this year and not volunteering. Not that she didn't enjoy the show last year, but you know what I mean

I did get an email from Mary Lou, looking for volunteers. Here is her contact info
    Mary Lou Freil
    770-667-1479
    mlf@freil.com

I am trying to find volunteers to help with the Dressage phase of the events which will be held on Thursday and Friday, September 8th and 9th. I need scribes, runners, ring stewards and warmup stewards. If you are interested and can help us out please drop me a line or call the number below.

You might also be interested in knowing that the Region 3 USDF Dressage Championships will be held at Chattahoochee Hills in 2012. This would be a good opportunity to check out the facility.

So... she said we could give out her number

See you there??!!!

Thank you! Got in touch via email and I'm on her roster for Fri. She said she'd pass my info along to the XC coordinator too I'll be there!

A couple of weeks ago, I sent in an offer to volunteer on Thursday, since I do not ride until Friday, but never heard anything back from them.

I guess that I will have to give them a call.

Thanks for the phone number!

I am praying for cloud cover or just plain cooler temps, too. I rode in the 92 degree weather here today. There was a breeze so it was not too bad. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 98. I will be out riding in it, too. At least, we are getting an opportunity to get acclimated.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    I am praying for cloud cover or just plain cooler temps, too. I rode in the 92 degree weather here today. There was a breeze so it was not too bad. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 98. I will be out riding in it, too. At least, we are getting an opportunity to get acclimated.
    Wow, those temps sound downright pleasant to me!

Right now, forecast says 85 and cloudy Thurs, 74 and chance of t-storms Fri, 72 and rain on Sat, and 89 on Sun. I'm hoping this forecast stays the same!

CC coordinator is Lisa Graulich harley92@bellsouth.net

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    Or do you know who is? I sent the form in via the CHE website, but I got a weird screen after hitting 'submit', so I'm not sure if it went through.

I'd like to volunteer, and I have a question or two also.

And to whoever's in charge of the weather, could you go easy on the sun and humidity? A good breeze and some cloud cover would be nice, since there's no real shade out there. Thanks!
    I have sent along my "IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO SAVE YOU WITH ABOUT !) MINUTES TO GO>>>go to SARAH" recommendation...Will never ever NEVER forget FINALLY being able to get into the show office right at 7:00 on Thursday last year and you saying to me, "Is there anything I can do to help?" and me THROWING towels and requests and TEARS at you, and saying "yes, can you go set up those six judges booths in the next 15 minutes...?", while I frantically tried to load all the judges and ring stewards' crates into the car...OMG!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

And yes, I am spectating, shopping, enjoying my wine, and friends and their horses this year...AND, if any of stewards DESPERATELY need help cause folks are caught in traffic and can't get there to do their very much needed jobs (this includes dressage judges)...you can pull me off the road as I walk out to XC just like I did my friends last year (and it's amazing...they are still my friends...and not just on FB! )

GO EVENTING!!!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan