The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    often between a rock and hard place in Ky

Default Hi. I am Horse- Loverz and I have a confession to make..

I LIKE my barn. My horse is fed well, always has clean water and lots of hay. My BO is following his rehab plan notifies me immediately if things aren't right and I rest better at night knowing he is there.

My Trainer gives me great lessons. She guides me working on things at my pace, she does not handcuff my hands, belittle me or talk on her phone during lessons.

My farrier does not look at my boobs ( dammit!!) or my ass. He comes on time or early charges a reasonable charge and does a great job with my horses feet.

I am 99.9% barn drama free. Since my horse had been off several of the ladies of the barn have offered up their horses for use. I have had the opportunity to ride very nice skilled horses that I may not have had the chance to ride otherwise. I ride with several different ladies and we all support each other and laugh with each other which is very nice. The barn truly is a relaxing place for me.

Ahh glad I got that off my chest.. Anyone else like to confess anything??
    ___._/> I don't suffer from insanity.. I enjoy every
    ____/ minute of it! Member stick horse art lovers
    ';;;;;;; clique
    //__\\<-- Don't feed the llama!

Default Congratulations

Good for you! When things are good, we all should appreciate it! So what if you have no "drama" to contribute to a BB discussion.

Well we have so much drama I thought I would post a happy confession... if others want to share they can share happy or closet confessions :-).
    ';;;;;;; clique

Please make sure you tell your BO/BM what you wrote about the barn in a face-to-face conversation. I LOVE IT when one of the boarders (or even the barn owner) takes the time to pull me to the side and tell me I'm doing a great job. It's very motivating for me, and makes me work even harder as a barn manager to keep the place running well and in excellent condition.

I just got an email from a boarder whose horse developed laminitis over the weekend, during the hurricane no less. She was very appreciative of the phone call and care her horse received and took the time to say so. Very nice gesture!

Oh I've told her MANY times how happy I am there and happy with the care. I've had the opposite so I am VERY appreciative of what I have
    ';;;;;;; clique

Me too!

I'm having to leave for a while in order to relocate and re-order my life, but my barn is the best It is not just a barn, it is a community, and it is a positive and fun community to boot My horse had the very best care and was super happy, and I think very highly of the place, and love everyone there. And though it may take a little while, my plans for the future include house shopping close enough by that it's convenient to move back (choosing a place to live based on commute or school system? No way! It must be close to an awesome barn!)

Here's to great barns and barn owners, and lack of drama!

"smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Hi I am a friend of Horselover-Z and although I live far away from her (sniff sniff) I too board at a drama free barn. In fact, the women who run it have partnered with me to retrain TBs from the track, a business I had before I sold my farm. They knew I missed the involvement with my track buddies and went out on a limb to get involved and learn. We ride together, laugh a lot and help with each other's horses as well as the "projects". Ther is no backstabbing, no shirking of duties, no bitchiness and best of all we have the best looking, shiniest, happiest horses in the area. Oh and it is common to share a glass of wine under the porch after a nice ride.
    I feel for those who have to endure the Housewives of the Horse Barn scenario.
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by horse-loverz View Post
    I LIKE my barn. My horse is fed well, always has clean water and lots of hay. My BO is following his rehab plan notifies me immediately if things aren't right and I rest better at night knowing he is there.

My Trainer gives me great lessons. She guides me working on things at my pace, she does not handcuff my hands, belittle me or talk on her phone during lessons.

My farrier does not look at my boobs ( dammit!!) or my ass. He comes on time or early charges a reasonable charge and does a great job with my horses feet.

I am 99.9% barn drama free. Since my horse had been off several of the ladies of the barn have offered up their horses for use. I have had the opportunity to ride very nice skilled horses that I may not have had the chance to ride otherwise. I ride with several different ladies and we all support each other and laugh with each other which is very nice. The barn truly is a relaxing place for me.

Oh shut the hell up. J/K. Love the post.

Quote Originally Posted by dalpal View Post
    Oh shut the hell up. J/K. Love the post.
    Well I did say it was only 99.9% drama free... there still is that .1%

2nd confession.. *looks left* *looks right* *whispers* I think hunter hair looks silly.
    ';;;;;;; clique

You must be at my barn. First barn in--- ever--- that there is really no drama. Professional, nice people, fabulous care and a great trainer. I couldn't ask for anything more. Well, less board maybe! Thanks for the positive swing on things!

Same here. Love my barn. I'm there for 9 or 10 months of the year. My horse gets treated wonderfully, the atmosphere is great, it's spotlessly clean and organized. And the price is reasonable.

I love my barn too. It is completely drama free, the care is superb -- just like I would do it myself. The trainer might not be the best but she never yells at me, and the horses are fat and seem happy with their jobs.

Oh wait, that's because I do in fact do all the work.....and yelling at yourself just makes bystanders call the looney patrol. Well, in my defense, the horses ARE fat and happy. Wouldn't change a thing (but will build an indoor if I win the lottery!)

Pretty close to post #1. Only 90% drama free, though --- oh wait, that's pretty darn good!

My horse is happy there - very happy. That's criteria #1.

(Secret confession - not that it has come up very often - if a new boarder arrives that drags down the drama statistic, the new boarder is, ah, motivated to leave before too long. )

2nd confession.. *looks left* *looks right* *whispers* I think hunter hair looks silly.
    That's because it does .
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Yikes!! What's hunter hair?

';;;;;;; clique

Confession:

I freakin' love my barn.
    And my OTTB.
    And I'm even starting to enjoy eventing.
    And I think hunter/eventer hate is lame-o.
    Trying a life outside of FEI tents and hotel rooms.

Confession:

I own a pink gr8. And I put matching pink and grey rhinestones on the back. And I am PROUD of my stripper helmet!
    Click here to feed a rescued animal for free!

Sponsors feed rescued animals for every free click!

LOL @ stripper helmet!!

I also confess that I have never gotten an STD from sharing tack!!
    Last edited by horse-loverz; Aug. 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM.
    ';;;;;;; clique

i have to confess that i am 98% drama free. Love my barn, love the trails, love the farrier. Love my horse. had a previous problem with fellow boarder. it is resolved and no more drama! I love drama free barns!