The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default You know the weather is BAD - when your Barn Manager Cat goes on strike!!!

Barn Manager (okay his real name is Cinders, but he's been holding the position of Barn Manager cat for half a decade, so mostly that's how we know him) -

Has gone on STRIKE!

Now this has happened in the past, but only in winter, when the temperature falls below 20 degrees F, and/or there is deep snow in the forecast.

Alas, never before had he gone on strike in the summer!

Why should this matter? Well, you see, I have a cat door cut into my wall, and kitties are free to come and go as they please - I have dogs too so only the regular "pride" members use the kitty door -

And the usual pride members often take great offence when the BARN MANAGER decides to retreat to the house!

They don't have a case really - he was born here after all, and it was his choice to take over management of the barn - so he has always been welcome of course to come back in through trhe kitty house door, but mostly chose managing the Barn (and won't let any other kitty's to assist much my chagrin, but that is another story)

Anyway, I know the weather is really, REALLY bad, when the Barn Manager goes on strike, so just wanted to relate that episode here...

Thanks for sharing. We could all use a smile tonight as we ride this storm out.

Barn Manager sounds like one cool cat.

Great description.

Hopefully he just was feeling wise and in need of a little coddling, and this is not some horrible portent of Irene's visit being worse than we expect.

Thoughts are with everyone weathering the storm this weekend.
    I'm not really at the top of my game today. I'm not even exactly sure what game I'm supposed to be playing, in fact... or where it's being held...

My horse's antics iamboyfriend.com