The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dare collar review

Worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd pay more even. It has stopped my VERY dedicated cribber with 100% efficacy. He still chews and fakey cribs (pulling on fence boards), but he hasn't gotten a whiff of air in that belly for three weeks. It seems well constructed, and doesn't stretch much as it's double layered and stitched. He hasn't had any issues eating or drinking and no rubs. It is a little wider than your average collar, so I had to widen his bridle path. I am thrilled with the product, and no I don't work for them.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

So not..it gave my horse a throat infection and sores on his bridle path. Umm yes it did really give him a throat infection, he coughed and hacked up crap until I removed the dam thing, weighs a ton. You hang it around your neck ...went back to my regular one..which works very efficantly on a dedicated for life cribber.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. He's had it on for a little over three weeks now, and had no issues at all. I don't have it adjusted as tightly as his other collar, a frenchie. The regular French collar did nothing to stop him unless I got it suuuuper tight, that did cause problems. Once again, the horses prove they're all individuals. I'm glad your guy is well now.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/