The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Default IPhone 3 vs IPhone 4

I'm about to make the switch from a "can talk and text and nothing else" to an iPhone... is the iPhone 4 really all that different from the 3 in anything but speed, camera, and battery life? I may or may not be looking at jailbreaking it to use as a modem portably (yes, I know it voids my warranty) but other than that it needs to call, text, play music, run Square at work, and let me get on Facebook at work.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I vote for the iPhone 4. While speed may not seem like a big deal, the difference between the iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4 are night and day. My sister has the 3GS and I have the 4. Mine is easily twice as fast, the screen is extremely bright, whereas hers is dull and fuzzy compared to the 4. The camera and video capabilities on the 4 are much better too.

If you wait a few weeks the iPhone 5s will be out, and the price on the 4s will drop!

If you are going to keep the phone for 2 years make the best investment.
    "I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way."

Me?? I'm holding out for the iPhone 5.

Can't renew with AT&T until the end of September so I am thinking the 5 is in the cards.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

The 5 is right around the corner.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

City of delusion in the state of total denial

I figure the 5 will probably come out around $500 and don't want to spend that, but that it will drop the price on the 4 to something I like a little better.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Oh god...the night and day difference between the 3 and 4 is insane. I enviably stroke my boyfriend's 4 while my 3 sits and pouts on the table. It's beautiful.

I'm only partially joking about my love for the 4.

But yes, wait for the 5 to come out, it will kick the 4's price down.

I'm thinking about getting an iPhone as well. Currently I have a non smartphone, so I have a couple of questions for you guys.

Is it pretty easy to text on an Iphone once you get used to it? Since it doesn't have a real keyboard?

Does anyone know what the differences will be between the 4 and 5? Little stuff or totally new updates?

How much will the price of the 4 drop when the 5 comes out? How much will the 5 be? And will it stay pretty expensive for awhile?

The Iphone 5 will be the same price as the iphone 4 was $200 and they will drop the price of the 4. Wait another couple of months.

Buy an Android phone.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

agreed that there is a huge difference. I have the first generation iPhone3 and its sorely lacking I am however, holding out until the 5 since I've dealt with the 3 for this long. What another couple months at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by PonyPuzzle View Post
    I'm thinking about getting an iPhone as well. Currently I have a non smartphone, so I have a couple of questions for you guys.

Is it pretty easy to text on an Iphone once you get used to it? Since it doesn't have a real keyboard?

Does anyone know what the differences will be between the 4 and 5? Little stuff or totally new updates?

How much will the price of the 4 drop when the 5 comes out? How much will the 5 be? And will it stay pretty expensive for awhile?
    I found the keyboard a little weird at the beginning, and still occasionally hit incorrect letters. Fat fingers, I guess

Apple is famously pretty secretive about their updates. But there haven't been any huge advances in the actual hardware between the versions, besides the addition of the video camera. I imagine memory, size/shape of the phone, and software upgrades will be in the works. Any software upgrades will also filter down to the earlier phones (or at least did on the last major change)

Again, Apple is secretive We won't know prices until its released. And I imagine they'll drop the price of the 4 for Christmas to a very reasonable sum. Also, I don't know if Verizon and ATT&T will be getting the 5 at the same time. That may cause it to be priced fairly well.