The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

edited due to threats received

edited due to threats received

who was it is there an article about it???? That makes me so mad!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_mad.gif
    Let the horse go, get out of its way, it knows what to do...Stop pulling and keep kicking!!!!!!

Some people just disgust me.... what did the horse ever do to them?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by azgirl:
    It wouldn't matter anyway, there's no evidence. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> ???? So you just know...how?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Court@HJ-OH:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by azgirl:
    It wouldn't matter anyway, there's no evidence. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> ???? So you just know...how? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">odd isn't it, no evidence but you know!!!</span>
    Let the horse go, get out of its way, it knows what to do...Stop pulling and keep kicking!!!!!!

Troll.

Perhaps you should report it to the police and the insurance company if you "know." Especially if it is an ongoing issue and there are more potential casualties in line.

I hope you are kidding about this, and you are not so stupid as to post something you have no proof about on a public board.

You do realize that you can call the authorities, right? Or the insurance companies? Hello? McFly, are you in there McFly?

Well, because you have 4 posts and the topic you decide to introduce yourself on happens to be a very controversial one. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

Carry on. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

why call me a troll? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, no reason. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...ilies/uhoh.gif

12 years ago I (and a friend) witnessed this person killing a horse the same way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What am I missing here? You said YOU witnessed the killing so YOU would be the person who goes to the police and lodges the accusation. It really sounds like you are standing on the sidelines complaining when - per your own admission - you saw this first hand.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Anyway, I'm not naming names because I can't prove it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With your latter remark, how is it you can't prove it? If the death of the horse is known to be unnatural and you know the technique employed then I can guarantee you, investigators can determine the how and go after the who.

you can't build a case on hearsay. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but apparently you can accuse people of killing horses on the Internet on it.

Not necessarily a troll.

I am not going to name names, but I will tell a story about one of the trainers who WAS convicted of killing a horse(or having a horse killed) for insurance.

About 10 years before the public scandal I was told by someone I have known for MANY years, and trust implicitly, that SHE had been told by one of the grooms that witnessed it, of this trainer having a horse killed for insurance. Nothing either she or I could do about it as it was only hearsay, and the groom in question was too scared (with reasson) of what would happen to him if he reported it. So nothing came of it. (By the time of the big scandal, this particular incident had exceeded the statute of limitiations.)

I am quite willing to believe it is still going on, and the OP ins not necessarily a troll.

However, I am not sure what, if any, good can come of posting it.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Well, you didn't ask for help. If you want to report it, call the insurance company. The woman that rides with the trainer is probably the agent, not the insurer.

Call your vet. Call the police. Call another trainer that you trust, or another insurance agency (Great American, for example) and get their advice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Go-Go:
    The woman that rides with the trainer is probably the agent, not the insurer.

Call your vet. Call the police. Call another trainer that you trust, or another insurance agency (Great American, for example) and get their advice. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto on the advice.

Insurance companies pool funds - so Suzie at XYZ might own that affiliate but she isn't the underwriter.

Are we all naive enough to believe that it doesn't still go on?

Doesn't surprise me in the least....

And that's not to say that I believe/disbelieve the OP. Just a bit incredulous that people think that it doesn't still occur.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

I don't mean to be harsh in response to your response, however...if grooms are witnessing killings and not reporting for fear of being deported...they shouldn't be working with horses.

In my opinion, ethically you should feel obligated to 1) Call the ASPCA 2) Call the police 3) Notify the insurance company of your suspicians. Trust me, the insurance company does NOT want to pay on false claims for their own self interest, and most likely THEY will pursue it.

I don't understand how anyone could turn a blind eye to the welfare of animals, regardless of the situation you have described.

How are they killing the horses? I am only asking to figure out why there is no proof.

Also, if numerous horses have died from the same problem, why hasn't the insurance company asked questions (or denied their renewal/new applications- they can do that you know)

If this is true- it's sad no one will step forward and fight to put an end to these awful peoples horse careers... If they have done it before they will do it again!

I think the reason people are upset with the OP is b/c instead of putting an end to it (telling authorities or insurance company). She/he came here and told all of us, who certainly can't stop it! By the way- there are ususally more than one person working at an insurance company and I am sure they would be interested in someone scamming them out of money (maybe this person riding there is in on the insurance fruad?!?)

go go -

who am i supposed to report this to? like i said, the cops aren't going to be able to do anything with hearsay.

the owner of the insurance company rides with this trainer! so that won't work

I can't do anything, I just wanted to vent and I didn't know where to go.

I figured this board would have sympathetic horse people on it.

I guess I was wrong <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey I am sympathetic and understand. You can vent to me any time and I will not judge what you have no control over.

Putting on my flame retardent suit I will say that this BB can be full of naysayers. If someone really cares they will ask to help you, not criticize you for your venting. I realize in your situation there is little you can do but you felt bad and wanted to share with us.

Sorry.
    Steph

http://community.webshots.com/user/stephanne014

Rerider/Haydunker Clique

RIP Barbaro, you were my hero!