The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Through some magic----

You have the chance to own ANY ONE horse, you pick the age, and whether, if a male, it`s a stallion or gelding.

You can do anything with him/her you want, breed, race, compete, simply stare in transfixed awe.
    Here are just a tiny few options----add who you like, but you only get ONE.

Secretariat, Totilas, Jet Run, Touch of Class,Charisma, Man O` War, Calypso, Galoubet, Gem Twist, Dobel`s Cento, Authentic, Idle Dice, Untouchable, Bold Minstrel, Irish Cap, Ribot, Halla, Hickstead, Sapphire, Custom Made, Priceless, Merely A Monarch, The Natural, Robert E. Lee`s Traveller-------There are THOUSANDS, but you get ONE!

It can be the one you already feed each morning, so far as that goes!

Do we get some portion of the skills of that horse's rider, or do we have to climb on with our current level of suckage? I thought Comet made WEG XC look like a Novice course, but he had Becky up...

I sure would love to ride Totillas, but no paparazzi, please!!

Denny, we really got to get you up and about, and my transmission done so I can head home. But what a cool question.

I guess it would be for me, my palomino that I had till I was sixteen. My mom got blasted one night and sold him to some guy down the road. I loved him, played Roy Rogers, raced him, jumped, eventer....sure do miss him. Not a horse that daughter would take to a 4*, but he sure made my life bearable back then!!

As you can maybe tell, I`ve got a fractured skull, complete with halo, and WAY TOO MUCH free time! But it might get us thinking about what an amazing, incredible spectacle that`s been sitting out there, basically free for those so inclined to study, these past few decades.

Gem Twist and Man O' War were my two childhood dream horses.

But my current horse is truly the horse of my dreams.

I would have my horse, unstarted, at 3, never having been at a track. And me with at least 10 years more experience, but probably more.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

this would have to assume that I COULD competently ride my pick!!!

Jay Trump
    One thing you can give and still keep is your word.

Man O' War and Big Ben were my childhood dream horses. Of course, none of them hold a candle to my Spanky.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

Fictional but I think based on fact-Skyrocket.

But, seems that I love every horse I get to ride, every one that I've ever taught to halt seems (in my mind) to have amazing potential and are total rockstars. TRuth be told, I love the training experience more then anything-except conditioning.

The idea of riding some amazing horse is thrilling, but really- I have some special ones in the barn right now. :-). They may only be trotting but what a trot it could be...lol!

Denny- you are always welcome to enjoy any of my horses-ever!!
    I have too many ponies but love 'em all!

http://foxview-farm.blogspot.com/

There are so many horses that I've wished I could have ridden: Rhum IV, Brandenburg's Joshua, the horse in The Man From Snowy River (!), Priceless,
    Monaghan (I think he could have safely packed me around a 4*!).

But I do like the challenge & joy of making my own, so of recent horses I wish I could have tried my hand at, was a green, 4 y.o. giant 17hh WB mare who seemed completely unsuitable until I sat on her & felt her jump - then I could imagine myself doing a GP jumper course with her!
    Last edited by Blugal; Aug. 25, 2011 at 08:32 PM.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

Denny, I thought you had a fractured C1 vertabra--did you break your skull, too? And how does one sleep with a halo attached? Are pillows possible?

Meanwhile, my childhood dream was to be a Sioux indian on a jet black stallion. When I got a little older I was completely enamored with Touch of Class and Abdullah. (I got to pet Touch of Class once.) But if I could have one to ride--Teddy O'Connor. A short winner over Charisma. but still, what fun!

The horse I have now could have been a star if she had not gone from the track to a series of morons who tried to beat her head down between her knees and make her more submissive and more 'western.' I would take her right off the track with the knowledge that I have now.... one of those time travel things.
    Famous horses - Kyber Tic Toc just clocked around the 4* courses looking like he was having a blast, not hyper, not worried, just galloping and loving it. I might be able to cling to his back and neck and go along for the ride.
    He is one of my favorites.

Charisma, hands down.
    "Red on the right, white on the left, insanity in the middle."

Question may I have two please?

J J Babu or the grey goose
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Sorry, not original but true...my boy Mojo, who is perfect for me. But second best? Secretariat, just so I could watch him run.
    Mon Ogon (Mojo), black/bay 16 H TB Gelding

Since it's through magic, I'd have my mare back that I lost a little over a year ago. She was essentially perfect for me in every way and I'd do anything to have her back in my life again. If we could bring her back to where she was prior to the onset of her health issues, she'd be 5 years old and we'd have just finished an amazing summer schooling beg. novice and novice and we'd be planning on some fall events at beg. novice and moving up to novice in the spring.

My goal was to make it to prelim with her someday, but even more than that, I really wanted to do a long format training event.
    Cascadia- OTTB mare. 04/04-05/10
    If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever

Quote Originally Posted by gully's pilot View Post
    Denny, I thought you had a fractured C1 vertabra--did you break your skull, too? And how does one sleep with a halo attached? Are pillows possible?

!
    Sleep is possible, with the right lazyboy chair and the right drugs...eventually sans the drugs (even with a JRT and an Aussie terrier aboard)...hope this is the case for you, Denny! And do fill us in on the fractured skull! That's one I DIDN'T do!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Default Teacher's Pet "Heather"

Although I loooove my current ride, Wee Dee Trrr...

I'd give almost anything to restore my former prelim mare to 4 years old (and preferably straighten her legs out!!). With her smarts and ability and me knowing what I know now... I'm certain she would go advanced or do grand prix jumpers. Hell we made it to prelim (and did 4'2" show jumping courses) while I was 14-16 yrs and didn't know ANYTHING.

Quite a mare.
    Proud former owner of a Wee Dee Trrr
    Proud half-owner of a Picasso Pony

Wow, just wow. I don't even know where to begin. I love Totilas, Judgement, Authentic, and Gem Twist. I'd love to ride any of them (assuming the skills were in place on my end). However, if I had to pick one horse, it would be that diamond in the rough who may not have more than the faintest glimmer of talent, but would happily try his heart out and give everything his 100%. I'd rather work with a horse that gives second level dressage 110% and leaves it all in the ring than a horse that just goes through the motions at the upper levels because he has to. A talented horse who just doesn't want to be bothered is a horse I'd always find myself disappointed with. I want a horse that will let me bring out the best in him/her and revel in it. I find fulfillment in riding when the horse has that "lightbulb" moment learning a new skill. Those moments are crack to me.

It makes me happy to see that most of us.... picked OUR horses

That's why horses are so great!!!

My answer is also Flecky... but I would also add Dewey...the colt I lost at a year and a half.... Would have been riding age now

But... if I had to pick one Other horse.... I just might have to say Man-o-war! I think I have a "crush" on him after reading the book! To gallop on his back... man alive!!!! I'd like to think I could at least ride the gallop.... maybe not stop him, and I'd maybe have to fall off from being too weak, but.... at least I could last a little bit... Not sure I could navigate Totillas or anything like that...

Gwennie again, 100 times over.

Or Ruffian, the end of June, 1975.
    Click here before you buy.