The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Very scary horse flip that people find funny.... 8-(

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=101...&comments=true

Truly not funny, and it looks like he landed on concrete.

Warning: it's graphic and defiantly not funny.

I really hope this horse is ok.

Idiots . I hope the poor thing is okay...

Can't really tell but what is the guy on the right doing just before the horse flips ...
    "When a horse greets you with a nicker & regards you with a large & liquid eye, the question of where you want to be & what you want to do has been answered." CANTER New England

People are stupid.

Ranks right up there with those television programs showing people getting seriously injured.

Idiocracy - "Ow, my balls!" anyone? We're getting there.
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

OMG totally scary. Hope he's OK.

I honestly don't know how anyone with any sense at all can look at that and laugh. People these days make me grow ever more cynical. I do hope that horse is ok.

Does anyone know if these are horses bred for slaughter? I am sort of wondering based on how they are kept and handled etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiaway View Post
    Does anyone know if these are horses bred for slaughter? I am sort of wondering based on how they are kept and handled etc.
    I was wondering that too. Aren't those brabant belgians? I think those are commonly raised for slaughter in Europe.

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

Quote Originally Posted by HydroPHILE View Post
    Idiocracy - "Ow, my balls!" anyone? We're getting there.
    I actually reference this movie quite a bit, sadly.

I went the other day when a friend of mine says she loves watching AHV where guys get hit in the balls... says she thinks it's hilarious.
    Dreaming in Color

Why is that funny to anyone?! Are viewers that clueless about horses?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiaway View Post
    My understanding is that this was shot in Belgium and yes these horses were headed to the packing plant.
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

That is exactly how a horse breaks it's withers, especially on concrete! Definitely NOT funny.
    __________________________________________________ _
    Proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals!

I saw this on another site. Very sad and sick.
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products

Default prod ?

Looks to me that the guy on the right has an electric prod....he is reaching out at the horse and it jumps.....I've seen guys do the same thing to cows as they go by. Makes no sense other than to upset animals. In some auction barns they use prods to the point the cows get crazy, sad.
    Horses who have had the experience will be really fearful if they think a prod is near....even jump over a fence to get away. Being that these are meat horses prods are probably part of the system.

I still don't understand who would want to eat a horse. Are people in Europe really that poor that they cannot afford beef, pork or chicken? It's like eating your dog, maybe if you are starving but otherwise its just gross.

I don't see anything amusing, and some of the comments make want to march over to the poster's house and hit them over the head with a frying pan.

Those horses did look like brabant which from what I understand are bred almost exclusively for slaughter.
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Skyedragon View Post
    I don't see anything amusing, and some of the comments make want to march over to the poster's house and hit them over the head with a frying pan.

Those horses did look like brabant which from what I understand are bred almost exclusively for slaughter.
    I have a BIG cast iron skillet I will donate!!

Yes, they did look like Brabant, although I thought the spelling was a little different, still, it's the same outcome for those horses...horse meat makes me squeamish, never will eat it again (by mistake the first and only time).
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Quote Originally Posted by englishcowgirl View Post
    I still don't understand who would want to eat a horse. Are people in Europe really that poor that they cannot afford beef, pork or chicken? It's like eating your dog, maybe if you are starving but otherwise its just gross.
    Really?
    I ate horse. I'm not poor, I wanted to try it; it's actually considered a delicacy in some countries. It was delicious, if it was readily accessible here I might well eat it again, especially if the animals were bred for slaughter (as it seems the ones in the video are) making all the worries about the drugs that riding horses get moot.

I have also eaten dog btw. It was ok, not as yummy as horse though. But better than most supermarket chicken I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Really?
    I ate horse. I'm not poor, I wanted to try it; it's actually considered a delicacy in some countries. It was delicious, if it was readily accessible here I might well eat it again, especially if the animals were bred for slaughter (as it seems the ones in the video are) making all the worries about the drugs that riding horses get moot.

I have also eaten dog btw. It was ok, not as yummy as horse though. But better than most supermarket chicken I've had.
    I don't think I've eaten dog, but, once, in Mexico, I'm sure I ate cat. Had to be. All of us threw our food in the trash, so grossed out were we. Also, have done the aligator-on-a-stick, tastes like swamp water chicken. Then there are the multitude of bugs, etc.

Still, if I know it, not touching horse for vittles. Nope, no way.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

We are one of the few countries in the world that do not eat horse. They are not pets to everyone. They are useful and then eaten, an entirely sound idea. Not something i would do - but still i get it. Just like I "get" hunting but do not do it.
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"