The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58
  1. #21

    Default Eric Noel - Known horse theif

    I have been watching this post for a couple months now due to personal 3rd parties posting and trying to use it against me as an upper hand in a personal issue. As expected, it failed for them, but I'm here to clear my name since so many of you do not have any clue of what's going on.

    As for Eric Noel of Portland, Oregon.
    http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1302920.html
    He has a horrible reputation for not only taking other people's horses and selling them, but pocketing the money entirely. The mare's name is Rock-A-Bye usef #5021121, and clearly states she is a Thoroughbred with a history of being ridden by young riders. Eric has not paid a penny on the mare and there is current litigation going on for him to comply with a signed contract to do so. The mare has been reported stolen and Eric claimed he sold the horse. The owner's have not received a penny because of his unethical business practices. My question is, why would you guys keep such a horrible horse as stated that was misrepresented? Wouldn't you return her? It's clear you know exactly what you have and she is worth what she does, more so now Eric has sold her to a client as this post obviously stated.

    People... think before you read and believe. If a horse is completely different then advertised or what the vet claims, why would someone buy, lease, or even ride it?

    Quote Originally Posted by accidental cowgirl View Post
    She is truly a liar and a fraud, and will totally misrepresent horses (for instance a 15.3 chestnut TB mare with a temperamental streak that gets strong over fences that she advertised as a 16.1 warmblood cross with a dead quiet, beginner safe attitude - the perfect short stirrup horse. NOT. And the horse has a track tattoo!). My trainer and a client in our barn got totally ripped off by her, and we later discovered several other barns where she'd yanked the horses out without notice, leaving large unpaid board bills, etc. She did this to my trainer then bad mouthed him and made up lies when he put a lien on a horse she owed THOUSANDS of dollars in expenses for. Do NOT do business with her or trust anything she says.



  2. #22

    Default

    As for all the other negative "multiple" posters that is clearly one person posting just under a different user name (only one post, logged in once and never again...) (thank you "Guin" for noticing this and along with several others), I am currently going through a personal litigation that this forum has been tried over and over again to be used against me with no avail. I have SEVERAL personal and professional contacts both nationally and internationally for my business and name that I am happy to personally supply to anyone who is interested and requests it. I have not gone under any other name(s) as also stated. Attaching others to gain an upper hand in things is very low... In the several years of my career as a professional, you will not find any negative comments anywhere until this forum with a starting date in March 2012 of when I retained my attorney. I do NOT run a sales barn and I have been working in the bay area for a while now. It wasn't till just recently that the other side in my personal litigation found out and therefor has posted once again. Any and all horses for sale/lease have passed their vet checks and have had their proof of ages and show records provided prior to any agreement signed. I have never had an unpaid boarding bill nor ever offered boarding or any breeding. If ANY of these claims were real, would I really still have any clients, be accepted to have my business at a boarding facility, or have any people leasing/buying any horses from/through me? I'm as honest as you get in the industry and that's why I still have a career with well known professionals to vouch on my behalf. Guess being so is a threat to those who are afraid to hind behind a screen name online. I have never been sued for unpaid bills with my horses and all my client and personally owned horses are treated to the highest respect and care. If anyone has any questions, always feel free to contact me. The only negative words you will ever hear about me are from the other side in my personal litigation or those who I have had to press charges against for not paying their bills or breaching a contractual agreement. Anyone else is going off of word of mouth from this forum and clearly does not know anything about myself in a personal nor professional standpoint.



  3. #23

    Default

    To also note, I turned down helping well known Kelly Maddox of Castro Valley, CA in helping her sell her 18 year old Hanoverian Gelding, Caspian (usef #: 4960900) who is a known stopper in the A circuit. It was disclosed to me from one of his previous owners he has ringbone and is not 15 as advertised nor what Kelly told me, but really 18. I DO suggest to everyone as posted from a previous comment against me, vet check before you buy. No one should end up with a mistake and have to pay for someone else is problem! When dealing with ANY sales or leases in my career, I screen what comes into me and I do have high standards versus others out there. Reason why any sale or lease horse does not last long in my barn. What you see is what you get, and this is also why I have clients who sign on for lessons and go into training with me year round.



  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2003
    Location
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!
    Posts
    6,384

    Default

    FYI---the court case you link to is a 15 year-old litigation in Clark and Skamania counties in Washington. Might want to update that, if the trainer is question is involved in a new one.

    I have NO DOG in this fight, truly I don't. I was curious about a new trainer in our area better than a year ago, and this seems to be the thread that won't die...... Is it a case of where there's smoke, there's fire? I don't know! Good luck, Ms. Biear.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb. 2, 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    I am from Central Oregon. I grew up here and have lived and run my business here for 10 years, and my family has lived here for 35 years. I know of this girl, and would tell you to pay close attention to the above posters. If you need any more information, PM me.
    ******
    "A good horse and a good rider are only so in mutual trust."
    -H.M.E.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  6. #26

    Default Facts

    Thank you Kaitlyn for bringing up Caspian. I would like to correct your misquotes. First, thank you for listing Caspians USEF #4960900, as it shows his age as 15...turning 16 this year. Secondly, you are correct, Caspian will stop when asked to jump higher than 2'6, which is why he is advertised on Bayequest (and has been) as a horse that happily jumps up to 2'. As far as ring bone....I'm really not sure about that as I purchased him with out a vet check...we are only asking $5000 and he has been very sound for us...maybe could have his hocks done;-) This horse is a huge sweety pie [edit]. As far as Kaitlyn goes, I refuse to stoop to her level. I am proud of the reputation I have built in California. Happy Monday all!!!
    Last edited by Moderator 3; Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: to remove advertising


    7 members found this post helpful.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun. 17, 2001
    Location
    down the road from bar.ka
    Posts
    30,699

    Default

    HOUSEGUESTS.....popcorn anybody?

    I so like it when somebody resurrects an old, relatively obscure thread to "defend themselves" from long forgotten accusations on either side, houseguests or not.

    I give this a few hours for the lock as these 2 quibble back and forth about their personal business. Which 95% of us would never know of unless they brought it back up.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

    The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb. 18, 2003
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    5,206

    Default

    hmmmmm, 9:12am in Calgary..........is it too early for a martini?
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!



  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2003
    Location
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!
    Posts
    6,384

    Default

    Some online digging and the plethora of PMs I've received from Oregon and Californian regular posters here (I know Horseymama by reputation on the A circuit) have given me plenty of information that supports the "houseguests" version of Ms. Biear's equine reputation, sadly. I don't know her, I really did just want some info to pass along all those many months ago, asked by a friend who was interested in the horses she had for sale online and in Oregon.

    It is a bit of slow motion trainwreck, isn't it! More of a hillside, slowly sliding toward one's home, really.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    11,263

    Default

    Seems like a strange reason to bump a very old thread.



  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2003
    Location
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!
    Posts
    6,384

    Default

    Trub- from what I gather on the local grapevine here, Ms. Biear listed a horse as stolen (color flyer and everything) in the Portland area, when it apparently had been sold, but perhaps not paid for...very confusing! I think the poster who resurrected it (accidentalcowgirl?) is involved in this situation. The trainer named by Ms. Biear (Eric Noel) is a judge and trainer in our area, who did indeed have some legal trouble 15 years ago regarding a horse he had in for training to be sold. I think it became a sue/counter sue situation over a fairly minor amount of $$.

    I'm just home, bored, and local to the situation so it interests me when the person in question comes on board to defend (deflect?) herself so many months after the original, rather innocent, thread was posted by moi!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!



  12. #32
    Join Date
    Mar. 6, 2002
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Biear View Post
    To also note, I turned down helping well known Kelly Maddox of Castro Valley, CA in helping her sell her 18 year old Hanoverian Gelding, Caspian (usef #: 4960900) who is a known stopper in the A circuit. It was disclosed to me from one of his previous owners he has ringbone and is not 15 as advertised nor what Kelly told me, but really 18. I DO suggest to everyone as posted from a previous comment against me, vet check before you buy. No one should end up with a mistake and have to pay for someone else is problem! When dealing with ANY sales or leases in my career, I screen what comes into me and I do have high standards versus others out there. Reason why any sale or lease horse does not last long in my barn. What you see is what you get, and this is also why I have clients who sign on for lessons and go into training with me year round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Biear View Post
    As for all the other negative "multiple" posters that is clearly one person posting just under a different user name (only one post, logged in once and never again...) (thank you "Guin" for noticing this and along with several others), I am currently going through a personal litigation that this forum has been tried over and over again to be used against me with no avail. I have SEVERAL personal and professional contacts both nationally and internationally for my business and name that I am happy to personally supply to anyone who is interested and requests it. I have not gone under any other name(s) as also stated. Attaching others to gain an upper hand in things is very low... In the several years of my career as a professional, you will not find any negative comments anywhere until this forum with a starting date in March 2012 of when I retained my attorney. I do NOT run a sales barn and I have been working in the bay area for a while now. It wasn't till just recently that the other side in my personal litigation found out and therefor has posted once again. Any and all horses for sale/lease have passed their vet checks and have had their proof of ages and show records provided prior to any agreement signed. I have never had an unpaid boarding bill nor ever offered boarding or any breeding. If ANY of these claims were real, would I really still have any clients, be accepted to have my business at a boarding facility, or have any people leasing/buying any horses from/through me? I'm as honest as you get in the industry and that's why I still have a career with well known professionals to vouch on my behalf. Guess being so is a threat to those who are afraid to hind behind a screen name online. I have never been sued for unpaid bills with my horses and all my client and personally owned horses are treated to the highest respect and care. If anyone has any questions, always feel free to contact me. The only negative words you will ever hear about me are from the other side in my personal litigation or those who I have had to press charges against for not paying their bills or breaching a contractual agreement. Anyone else is going off of word of mouth from this forum and clearly does not know anything about myself in a personal nor professional standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Biear View Post
    I have been watching this post for a couple months now due to personal 3rd parties posting and trying to use it against me as an upper hand in a personal issue. As expected, it failed for them, but I'm here to clear my name since so many of you do not have any clue of what's going on.

    As for Eric Noel of Portland, Oregon.
    http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1302920.html
    He has a horrible reputation for not only taking other people's horses and selling them, but pocketing the money entirely. The mare's name is Rock-A-Bye usef #5021121, and clearly states she is a Thoroughbred with a history of being ridden by young riders. Eric has not paid a penny on the mare and there is current litigation going on for him to comply with a signed contract to do so. The mare has been reported stolen and Eric claimed he sold the horse. The owner's have not received a penny because of his unethical business practices. My question is, why would you guys keep such a horrible horse as stated that was misrepresented? Wouldn't you return her? It's clear you know exactly what you have and she is worth what she does, more so now Eric has sold her to a client as this post obviously stated.

    People... think before you read and believe. If a horse is completely different then advertised or what the vet claims, why would someone buy, lease, or even ride it?
    Just in case.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #33

    Default

    Thank you Kelly Maddox for clearing that up, although it was also brought to my attention that Caspian has changed names in the past as well... He had also been given away for free by a previous owner (that I know you are aware of) and then dropped off to a sales barn because of his stopping. He was apparently diagnosed around the age of 12 with documents from the vet, reason why he was rehomed for free.

    And it seems you all have your answer(s), that indeed everything was word of mouth based off of those who did not follow through with their contractual deals, unpaid bills, or those who are not credible in the industry (or as stated on here, the same person going under a different screen name acting as multiple people).

    As for Eric Noel, there have been several people in the Portland area that have contacted me about his past after the mare was posted stolen, and their legal battles with him about VERY similar situations if not the same, with the link being forwarded to me as well. It was nice of Eric to write a letter to me a couple months ago stating he sold the horse for $600.00 and his client clearly states that they were ripped of for thousands. I would LOVE to know where that money went, because it never came to our side. A previous trainer in the Portland area had leased a horse out to him for a year and his student and him ran the gelding into the ground, literally. She was one who contacted me to give me a heads up that the mare might be lame, because Eric's client and him never renewed a contract with her and her horse just days after expiring, she got stuck with all the vet bills and a permanently lame horse. I also was told of another horse who sustained a bone chip after returning from a lease with Eric and his client. The man is no good and his reputation speaks for itself, he obviously lies to his clients and rips off all those around them, even stated from a client of his own as it clearly reads. The owners of the mare have yet to receive one penny and have brought charges against him to get paid who will prevail because of a signed contract. Sad things come to that... No matter who you are.

    It's also sad that others without morals like to pick on those to gain an upper hand in personal issues, and as stated by the original poster, you have allowed fuel to hit the fire for those to continue to prey on someone who has a positive reputation that is proven and backed by several well known professionals, thus the reason why I'm still in business with a positive career. Your friend/client as I recall was interested in a young prospect in my barn named Epic. He sold to another interested party, after I found out your friend gave me a trainer's name that verified she was not in training with them (if I'm incorrect about this situation, please do correct me, but I recall those of the past easily). Once again, I can be mistaken and if so, apologize in advance.

    If the above rumors were true, I would not have a career to this day; just based on this thread alone. My horses, clients, and results speak for themselves. It's just nice to put the facts out there for all to see and read since hearsay is exactly that. Seems like I'm the only one who can prove anything and am happy to provide evidence to back it up.



  14. #34

    Default

    "Calvinecrowe", I wouldn't guess that "Horseymama" would not of told you that she didn't have the proper insurance to run the facility she was and was asked to leave after the property owners discovered it. I was interested in moving a couple horses into her barn for a short time because of my pregnancy and am more then happy to provide the e-mails from the property owner about the situation where she did not have proper insurance and illegally took money from not only the clients but the property too. Once again, very sad and yet another one who backed up the other side in my personal litigation that did not benefit them in anyway. Best of luck Horseymama in your pregnancy now. I can only hope that you have the proper insurance and coverage to legally be running the property you've rented out all the way in Sisters, Oregon, well out of the area you used to be.



  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2003
    Location
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!
    Posts
    6,384

    Default

    I don't think Horseymama is who you think she is. Good luck, Ms. Biear, in your future endeavors.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!


    3 members found this post helpful.

  16. #36

    Default Stolen Horse

    A horse I had on consignment in the bay area was just stolen from me by this person on 7/22/13. She represented herself as an interested buyer under the name Kay, after signing a bill of sale and giving my agent a check for the horse she proceeded to take the horse to a pre-purchase exam. By 9:00 at night she had not returned the horse nor called to say the vetting had gone well. It turns out she never had any intention of buying the horse, but rather sent an email later last night claiming to have a lien on him. We have a paper trail on this horse going back 6 months to prove ownership of him. I have not met her directly, as everything was handled by my agent. I have sent out mass emails to bay area trainers and boarding stables to keep a look out for my horse. I have filed a report with the county sheriff department for horse theft and also check fraud as the check she wrote us was from a new account with no funds. Posts like this never die down because this person is still out committing crimes and harming our horse community. I am posting because this person needs to be stopped. I have already received phone calls from fellow bay area trainers ready to vouch for me. I would also like help locating my horse, he is a black/bay tb gelding about 16h 12-15 yrs old. 2 hind socks. Lesson horse type. We believe she has him in the Portola Valley area. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Katie


    2 members found this post helpful.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Nov. 17, 2006
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Sorry to hear of your trouble, bffequestrian, and I hope you get your horse. That being said, it is a good reminder to sellers to either get payment in cash, or a verified (call the bank) cashier's check, never a personal check. Too much fraud to trust complete strangers, or even folks you somewhat know.

    Again, I wish you luck!!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde



  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jun. 14, 2001
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I'm sure the reason Kaitlyn is posting the rants about Eric Noel is that he prevailed in the court case in Bend, OR in which he sued her over unpaid expenses for the chestnut mare in question, which she stated she owned. He sold the horse under Oregon laws which allows a lien for unpaid expenses, and the horse was sold according to the legal process with full legal notifications. There are NO claims against him in regard to the horse. No wonder she links to a very old partnership dispute case instead of the relevant one. Some of her other claims are also clearly only for the purpose of defaming him - the horse whose lease terminated after an injury was 16 or 17 years old (I was riding in the barn regularly with the girl who leased him) and it turned out had previously been laid off for the same injury. It was of great disappointment to all that he was hurt, but he was not overworked or misused and in fact had been fine the day before but then turned up lame when he was brought in from turnout. And claiming that Eric Noel is responsible for a horse getting a bone chip AFTER it left his barn is completely ludicrous. I hope bffequestrian can recover her horse quickly.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan. 5, 2013
    Posts
    173

    Default

    bffequestrian - I am so sorry you are going through this. I PM'd you. Here is some info that might help you actually locate her or give the Sheriffs department some additional leads as well as give others researching her more information on all the businesses and alias she has used thus far.

    My earlier post that she was doing business under Derby Stride farm is now obsolete. There is no longer a website for Derby Stride. From the Facebook links, she may be using the name Signature Farms. There is a reference to work experience there, however, there is not one of her cut & paste website formats that comes up on Google for the new barn name or a list of sale horses. There are a ton of Signature Farms listings in CA on Google, so a very generic and easy name to use.

    There are recent Facebook posts under her Derby Stride farm business page. There is no business page for Signiture Farms yet. You may be able to find other trainers and stables she has "liked" to get a better list of who to contact for your missing horse issue.

    Derby Stride Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/derbystride.farm

    Link to Signiture Farms on FB with no info: https://www.facebook.com/derbystride...22313174457412

    There is a Signature Farms in Southern CA, but nothing in No. Cal. The last known location for her was at a training barn in Livermore about 7 months ago after she left the Castro Valley locations noted in posts up the line.

    Here is a link to her Devonshire Farms enterprise with address and phone info in Burlingame: http://companies.findthecompany.com/...-Burlingame-CA

    I was lucky - very lucky - that I was able to stop a transaction with her on an injured horse. Some may think the posters who come back here are trolls or only trying to stir the pot... All I can tell you is that every person who has come on here and has been injured in some way is most likely telling the truth. All the stories are close enough to her standard con that they ring true to me. I am no longer a "greenie poster," and while my comments about Ms. Biear were what brought me to COTH, I am very happy I found the forums.

    She has restarted this business over and over under fictitious business names and different identities. Other than my opinion of her character (con artist / sociopath), her pop up companies are the only thing I will speak to publicly as I have the links above for people to investigate on their own and it is tangible.

    Updated List of Aliases:

    Kate Biear
    Katie Biear
    Katlyn Bier
    Catronia Bier
    Kay Biear

    Devonshire Farms
    Derbystride Farms
    Signature Farms

    Remember, these threads are searchable from Google, so listing out all the aliases will result in her names, company names etc. to come up if people are smart enough to do their on line searches and research. Google is your friend!


    3 members found this post helpful.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jul. 24, 2013
    Posts
    1

    Exclamation Horse was not stolen, check your facts

    Katie of bffequine. Your horse was not stolen as you never paid for it. Police have told you the same as all the paperwork is with them and shows you do not have legal rights or ownership of the horse. You have not even been able to verify payment on him to them. When you don't pay for it and drop it off to a sales barn to sell it for fast cash, someone is bound to find out. You never notified the seller that there was a legal lien on the horse for failure to pay. And to Eric Noel's fanatic. It makes me laugh that you believe his lies. Maybe he should show you the real paperwork he didn't just make up. Court awarded the horse back to Kaitlyn and this paperwork I have seen personally. There is a reason why Eric has been from property to property and been in several legal battles over the past several years. He's still appealing the case mentioned above! He is still trying to go after people in that case who have passed away. The man has a serious mental disorder and fabricates paperwork without any signatures from the court (I.e. a judge) to show the paperwork was even filed. Eric has been in lawsuits in several states. Easy records search. Kaitlyn still has a good business and is knowledgeable in what she does. Her horses are honest and well cared for. If she wasn't she would not be in the industry today. But people like Eric and Katie really do deserve to have the law stuck to them on trying to take advantage of others. For sure when u have no proof of ownership, no legal rights to the horse, and never paid for it.


    1 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Working on the bend...
    By cswoodlandfairy in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr. 20, 2012, 12:16 PM
  2. horse doesn't want to bend right
    By kathy m in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun. 25, 2011, 02:40 PM
  3. Horse can't/won't bend.
    By sgequine316 in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Dec. 5, 2010, 05:14 PM
  4. Bend, OR
    By clompclomp in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Dec. 16, 2009, 01:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness