The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default san diego area?

Been a while since I have posted.. So much has happened in my life... It seems I may be relocating to the San diego area next summer... Anyone have any input...advice...barns or trainers they might recommend?? Actually, any advice period???? Thanks!!

There are lots of trainers and barns to choose from. It's a buyer's market because there are so many.
    What are you looking for ? High end barn with BNT ? Or regular boarding with a lesson once a week ? or horse turned out in large paddock 24/7 and you ride
    whenever ?

I guarantee San Diego has whatever you're looking for.

2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

thank you!...I'm looking for a nice dressage barn with a "good" trainer...not a BNT...I guess i could always haul in for a lesson if I wanted to...Are most the barns in the same area? Would it be best place to live? North County San Diego, or Encinitas/Carlsbad? Best prices for homes in which area? Just trying to figure this out....Should be moving next summer so I have a year.. again, thanks for your responses

I'll let you know when I get there. Most I have talked to say North of the city is better than south. I'm in talks with a couple of barns and will pm you the results when I get them. Unless you're looking for adult riding barn and then seriously your choices are 2 times what mine are. I get the lovely task of finding a KID Friendly barn. (I really will post from the mountain top when I get the one I like.)
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

I have not lived in SD since 2003, however, in Ramona, which is in east county area, this is/was a great barn http://www.creekhollowranch.com/ and is/was kid/adult friendly

I grew up in Encinitas. Lovely area, close to lots of horsey stuff. Would move back in a heartbeat if I could, but very pricy!
    "I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way."