The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dover to open Libertyville, IL store

Those who miss the Libertyville saddle shop might like this news. Sorry if this has already been posted.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dov...k=MW_news_stmp

press release

Aug. 22, 2011, 10:00 a.m. EDT
    Dover Saddlery Announces Grand Opening of Libertyville, Illinois Store

LITTLETON, MA, Aug 22, 2011 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Dover Saddlery Retail, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Dover Saddlery /quotes/zigman/98008/quotes/nls/dovr DOVR -0.88% , announced it will be celebrating the Grand Opening of a new store in Libertyville, Illinois this fall. Libertyville, approximately forty miles north of Chicago, has been determined by the Dover Saddlery store optimization model to be an excellent location with very high English equestrian activity.

Dressage, hunter/jumper riders and eventers will be treated to an outstanding selection of riding apparel, tack and horse care supplies all beautifully merchandised and presented throughout the store along with demo saddles for test rides, and additional services such as custom boot and coat fittings.

"Our retail store staff look forward to welcoming our long-time direct customers and new retail customers to our new store and providing the outstanding customer service for which Dover is renowned," said Stephen L. Day, president and CEO of Dover Saddlery. "I personally am looking forward to meeting fellow equestrians during our Grand Opening celebration."

The new Dover Saddlery store will offer the greatest selection of fine English tack, riding apparel and horse care supplies, from all the leading international brands as well as Dover Saddlery exclusive brands. Brands offered will include Alessandro Albanese, Animo, Ariat, Bates, Charles Owen, Custom Saddlery, Devon-Aire, Eskadron, Equifit, Essex, Goode Rider, GPA, Grand Prix, Herm Sprenger, IRH, Joules, Kerrits, Marcel Toulouse, Mikmar, Mountain Horse, Newmarket by Horseware Ireland, Passier, Pessoa, Pikeur, Point Two, Rambo, Rhino, Samshield, SSG Gloves, Stubben, Tad Coffin, Tailored Sportsman, Tipperary, TuffRider and Vespucci.

The Grand Opening date of the Libertyville store will be announced shortly. Following the Grand Opening in Libertyville, Dover Saddlery will have a total of fifteen retail stores. For more information including hours and directions, go to www.DoverSaddlery.com . To order a free Dover Saddlery catalog call 1-800-989-1500.

About Dover Saddlery, Inc. Dover Saddlery, Inc. /quotes/zigman/98008/quotes/nls/dovr DOVR -0.88% is the leading multichannel retailer of equestrian products in the United States. Founded in 1975 in Wellesley, Massachusetts, by United States Equestrian team members, Dover Saddlery has grown to become The Source(R) for equestrian products. Dover offers a broad and distinctive selection of competitively priced, brand-name products for horse and rider through catalogs, the Internet and company-owned retail stores. Dover Saddlery, Inc. serves the English rider and through Smith Brothers, the Western rider. The Source(R), Dover Saddlery(R) and Smith Brothers(R) are registered marks of Dover Saddlery.

I'm sad to see Libertyville close, even though I have to admit the quality and quantity of their merchandise had gone down in the last few years. OTOH, I'm VERY excited to see Dover opening up... never seen a Dover store in person!

So, I admit it, I'm torn both ways! Ack!
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Awesome!!!! I used to love Libertyville, but the last time I went a couple years ago, everything in the store that was tack or clothing was their own brand, and pretty much junk. I was so disappointed to have made a three hour trek each way for nothing (it was my birthday present to myself, LOL) only to find that there was nothing in the store I'd want to own.

Looking forward to making that drive once Dover opens....Yay!!!

YAY!!!

Are they moving into the old Libertyville Saddle location? I lived in the area in the late 1980's when I started riding and got my first horse. Libertyville was almost a weekly trip. They had an awesome assortment of saddles plus a great clearance corner. Have bought 3 saddles from them, two of which were their
    Gold Medal Brand (made in England). Two I still have (one forever since it belonged to my first horse) and the other may need a new home.

The latter model is now for sale on the company's site doing the liquidation with
    a much higher retail than Libertyville had it for. I checked their site sometime within the last year to see what the price was currently running. It was on sale
    through Libertyville for half of what I paid for it in 2000. Now it is "on sale" for
    what I paid for it way back when. Their other saddles looked like the new company had jacked the prices way up from what I remember the range the saddles sold for back then.
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!

I noticed the same thing. The company (HorseloverZ.com) that Libertyville is using to "liquidate" is running a scam when it comes to "sale" prices.

From what I have looked at their "sale" price is the same as what Libertyville's regular price was.

I also see that I can buy my fly spray for $3.00 a bottle cheaper at my local Tractor Supply and not on sale, than what HorseLoverZ has promoted as a "deal."

Quote Originally Posted by pds View Post
    I noticed the same thing. The company (HorseloverZ.com) that Libertyville is using to "liquidate" is running a scam when it comes to "sale" prices. From what I have looked at their "sale" price is the same as what Libertyville's regular price was.
    Yep, I noticed that when I went in the store. The "liquidation price" with 20%-30% off was equal to or greater than the price I'd bought the stuff there for for years?

Default Now we need a decent tack shop either south or west

That's awesome that Dover is coming in, but that puts ever single big tack shop up north of Chicago! Dover, Barrington, Saddler's Row, Ann Hubbards...

Can SmartPak come in west or South of Chicago, please?? We have not a lot of choice at all.... just small independents... people west of Chicago have to travel an hour and a half at least to get any selection...