The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Red face 2011 AHS Michigan Inspection

It was a beautiful day at Chestershire farms for the 2011 Michigan AHS inspection. Kathy Judge and her husband Scott Nichols were wonderful hosts and worked very hard to put on such a nice inspection. THANKS!!

Mare Performance Test Particitpants

Donnalja Frederika, 3 year old by Don Frederico out of EM Radunja by Rosentau,
    owned and bred by Cheryl and Eric Johnson. Score 7.5 MPT CHAMPION

Fleur Noire, 3 year old by Fabuleux out of MS Dauphine B by Davignon, owned by Sandy Hunt and bred by Peg Lansing. Score 7.33

Mares for inspection (sorry didn't get all the scores)

Sana'a Bella, 3 year old by Sinatra Song out of MS Mirabella by Metternich. Owned and bred by Peg Lansing. not sure of score but Elite Eligible

W57 Olexa, 6 year old by Weltissimo out of Dawina by Davignon. Owned by Jody Cattell, bred by Heinrich Michaelis.

Whispering Hope, 10 year old by Weltbekannt out of MS Matilda by Mattgold. Owned by Elizabeth Lyles bred by Bill and Susan Carpenter.

Feng Shui TF, 4 year old by Florencio I out of EM Reiki TF, owned and bred by Anne Schmitt. INSPECTION CHAMPION.

Lelauni, 3 year old by Landkoenig out of MS Pandora MWF by Palladium. Owned and bred by Ronald F. Michaels.

Loraina, 3 year old by Landkoenig out of F Cortega/Caretino. Owned and bred by Ronald F. Michaels.

Foals for inspection

Sir Donnerhall filly out of EE Feng Shui by Florencio. Owned and bred by Anne Schmidt.

Benidetto filly out of EM Donna Castania by Don Crusador. Owned and bred by Peg Lansing. TOP FILLY

Livello filly out of MS De Luxe by Dirano. Owned and bred by Denise Higgins.

Sinatra Song colt out of MS Felicita by Federweisser. Owned by Jamie Schmitt bred by Stacey Markel.

Belissimo M colt out of EM Reiki TF by Rhodes Scholar. Owned and bred by Anne Schmidt. Embryo transfer colt 1 of 2.

Belissimo M colt out of EM Reiki TF by Rhodes Scholar. Owned and bred by Anne Schmidt. Embryo transfer colt 2 of 2.

Weltmeyer colt out of EM Heiress by His Highness. Owned and bred by Cheryl and Eric Johnson. TOP COLT

Sandro Hit colt out of EM Halleluja by His Highness. Owned and bred by Cheryl and Eric Johnson.

Congratulations to all!
    Last edited by railmom; Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:27 AM.

Sounds as if there were interesting and good mares and foals.
    I bet at these smaller inspections the pace must be more leisurely, giving one a chance to appreciate more.
    Congrats to all participants!
    Question - were the 2 Belissimo's from EM Reiki very similar?
    Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the report!!

Wanted to make it!

Congrats to all and I am especially proud of the Benidetto filly doing so well like her full sister:-) yeah! But peg did say she was very special from day one

Any photos ?
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com
    standing Benidetto (Belissimo M/SPS COrdoba)

I've been telling Linda how special this filly is, and it has turned into something like torture for her because I never send photos or video. I usually wait for the show or inspection for that. Bad form, I know!

But I ordered a video for Linda and I'll post it as soon as I receive it. She really was wonderful. So beautiful. And folks, I'm not barn blind either!

So Linda, the video will arrive soon.

It was nice there, the weather couldn't have been nicer and the food was awesome!

I really felt for Sharon Garner because while we were visiting, she received a call from home showing the fire that is moving close to her home. My heart really goes out to her.

There really were some nice mares there and as I play the guessing game of order of placement, I find I might need attend the Orientation course- the modern look is really being promoted and the correctness of limbs emphasized. I find that I prefer the older style, although I am breeding modern, so I feel schizophrenic in a way.

I'm looking forward to presenting my Sinatra Song filly in the MPT in October at Meg Williams place as well as my Dacaprio filly. It's been a full year and unfortunately spent too much on breeding this year. {sigh}.

Peg
    Fleur de Lis Hanoverians

I'm dying to see video of your filly Peg. If you say she's "special", I'm convinced.

Kathleen - I didn't see the Belissimo M colts go, I was helping out with other foals. But in the stalls they looked very much like brothers Maybe someone got a better look!

There will be photos, I will post the link when the Photographer gets them on his site.

I visited Peg in the spring and fell in love with her Dacaprio filly. She kept saying, just wait the Benidetto is really coming into her own. Well.....she was right! What a lovely, floaty "girly-girl" she is

Denise Higgins' Livello filly was enough to make me want to breed jumpers, lol!!! A really special girl, dual talent I think. I know she is a keeper for Denise, looking forward to her MPT!

I told Cheryl when her Weltmeyer colt was born, I thought he was the best she had ever bred (and that is saying something). Even though he is RED and she likes 'em BLACK, lol!! Both her colts were such hams, posing for the photographer That kind of presence you are born with, it can't be taught.

I had such fun with the babies, I really missed not having any this year

What a great inspection it was! Thanks to Kathy and Sandy for all of their hard work that made everything run so smoothly.

The facility was great, the mares were all very nice, the foals were all of very good quality and even the weather cooperated. It was a wonderful day for all.

Sandy-The Livello filly goes nowhere! My daughter would kill me if I sold this one. Thank you for the compliments and again for all of the hard work you and Kathy put in to make this inspection so successful. I hope to be there next year.
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe