The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    Unemployed in Greenland.

Default Passier Westfalia Saddle - anyone?

I was just given an incredible gift of a beautiful Passier - I emailed the website w/ the serial number, and they were back to me within a couple of hours, so I'm already sold on them just in terms of customer service.

The model is a Westfalia - I can't find out much about it online, and was wondering if anyone here has one/has ridden in one, and could tell me more about it.

Also, the tree is apparently narrow - it doesn't look super narrow to me, but that's what Passier said. Anyone know how their trees run - how narrow are we talking? I ride big Hanoverians most of the time, so this may be an issue.

It's a plain flap, which I like bc I'm old fashioned, and looks brand new. Apparently it was built in 1997.

Thanks for any info!

Triangle Area, NC

they run true to size. medium is a medium, narrow is a narrow.
    I'm not familiar with that model, but many passier trees can be adjusted so I wouldn't go throwing it out if you absolutely love it just yet.

passier does rule
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

NW Louisiana

Passier can adjust the tree quite a bit. Email them for the name of someone they recommend to do that.

The Passier trees are adjustable, so it may not be narrow any longer, and you may be able to make it wider still.

I just bought a Passier Grand Gilbert and am absolutely in love with it. They make great saddles. Enjoy yours!