The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default spinoff from micro mini- who loves their heels

Since the other thread started talking about the fad of "stripper heels" I wanted to know, who loves thier heels.

I have to admit that now I am out of working in the vet office or in retail, I a loving my heels. And being 5'4 the taller the better. Love tall and flashy but the rest of my outfit is conservative so the shoes add a little kick.

Most of my heels range from 3-5 inches in height.

LOL, the good thing about breaking my ankle was gaining an excuse to never ever wear heals again....and I am also 5'4"
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

I love my heels too! I like to look at them more than wear them, though . I don't get how some women can actually walk more than a few yards in the 5-inchers, because those things are brutal on my feet!

Think I'm getting more adventurous...I found a wicked awesome sale at the Nine West outlet and bought three pairs of 3 inch heels....absolutely drool-worthy. I am going to be hiding a pair of comfy shoes so I can get myself used to them gradually!
    Dee
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

I am told the legs are the last to go so yes, I still wear them and love them.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

silly, five inch heels are not for walking!

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post
    silly, five inch heels are not for walking!
    i was thinking that...
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)

LOL!! I have a pair of ~5" wedge espadrilles. I love wearing them to work because suddenly I can see over the tops of the cubes! (I am 5'2" on a tall day in the morning.) I can't do much walking in them though ... after a long day my feet are pretty unhappy.

But heels make any pair of legs look better.
    Full-time bargain hunter.

5 inch heels are for struting

my patent guess shoes have the platform on the foot and then the stilleto, love them and they are comfy, but I do love my wedges to, they are about 4 inches

I love wearing heels. I have a good 6 or 7 pairs in the closet right now...definitely a weakness for me. I think my biggest one is only 4" though (I'm 6' tall so anything beyond that gets a little excessive, I admit!). Flats are for weenies!

I'm a little ashamed of women in general - we are SO mean to each other about looking "like a stripper", slutty, etc. It's pathetic and so damaging. We can do better for each other than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Burbank View Post
    5 inch heels are for struting

my patent guess shoes have the platform on the foot and then the stilleto, love them and they are comfy, but I do love my wedges to, they are about 4 inches
    I have a pair of Guess stilettos like that. Mine are strappy and sparkly copper colored. Love them, and actually surprisingly comfortable.

I'm 6' and I love a good pair of heels....the higher, the better!

I currently own about 30 pairs in all colors, styles and designers and I think my shortest pair is 3". My highest pair is 5" with a platform sole, so I work out to be a hair over 6'5 when I have them on

Here is one of my faves, yes I can walk in them:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/guess-ho...F-002219319097

I was a tomboy growing up. I love to hike, swim, ride, etc, and I still love wearing heels. I have a ton of them!

Sorry Dazedandconfused,

Speaking only for myself here, it certainly wasn't my intention to put women down when I complained about the shoes, I was commenting more about the fashion industry and the current trend (3 inch platform with 6 inch spike heel) in general. I didn't mean to come across as implying that women who wear high heels are strippers, or trying to look like strippers or wanting to look slutty.

The majority of my shoes are 3 to 3 1/2" heels since I'm only 5'3".
    "Living is easy with eyes closed. Misunderstanding all you see." from the gospel of John and Paul.

AliCat those are beautiful

I own one pair of wedges that I got since I needed shoes for my college graduation. Prior to that I don't think I owned a pair of heels except for maybe one pair the whole time I was in college!

My Mom is pretty sure I don't have the shoe gene. Although I LOVE boots! (riding and otherwise)

I love, love, love heels! I am ashamed at how many I have, although I truly do wear all of them. I have found the Jessica Simpson brand to be far and away the most comfortable while still being sexy. On a good day, I can find them at Marshalls, otherwise I get my fix at Nordstrom.

I love how they look and how they make me look (I'm just shy of 5' and need all the help I can get in appearing taller and slimmer), but I don't wear them that often due to my inability to walk without twisting an ankle And, I wear a size 5-6, sometimes wide so it's hard to find a fit lol

Love my heels with platforms. The "stripper shoes" with the high heel and platform are pretty easy to wear compared to stilettos.