The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Britney Sturtz -- missing thread from COTH

Moderator, what happened to all of the several-years-long threads on Off Course regarding Britney Sturtz and her various scams? There were about 5 or 6 different threads, and now all are missing. Was this in response to the new complaint filed against her with the Ohio Attorney General's office? If yes, should all of us Britney-victims contact the AG office to provide our side of the story?

thanks, dogontired

2 members found this post helpful.

Wow...cannot believe that thread was removed!!!! B was probably ticked because it kept many people from pursuing business with her!!!! I know many of us would have been grateful to see information like that before dealing with her!!!!

Brit la broke?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

1 members found this post helpful.

Liberty, you are brilliant, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad it's not lost, waiting for info on Ohio AG complaint and will post more info later in case any one of us who've been affected by this wingnut want to share our story with the AG's office.........

Default Britney in trouble?

I "adopted" two horses from Britney thinking she was a reputable person who was trying to find good homes for unwanted horses. Little did I know she was the opposite and I was the only one trying to do any good in the situation. Anyways, I've been in the process of going to court- I have attorneys and we have a plan I'm just waiting for the right time. But I came across this and am wondering what to do now. I don't want to try to go to litigation if she's already in trouble. I just want to be out of her "contract" bc she still thinks that she owns these horses and thinks she can tell me what I can and can't do with them! Ugh, I get so heated when thinking about the situation! Any insight to what may be going on with the AG or who I could call to find out would be great! Thanks!

Autumn

I think 'out of business' is the preferred term for her, not 'in trouble'.

Not a lawyer, but I am guessing continuing on your path would be the best option (plus not being too open about your case on the net.)

Best of luck to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

as demonstrated by her posts on a number of different sales sites for horses and dogs, Britney Sturtz, aka Brit Le Brand Farm and now Belle Grey Haven Farm, is most certainly not "out of business". Cleaning up with $18,000 in cash from selling aussie puppies at Quarter Horse Congress last October has kept this wingnut going in both the horse and the dog businesses. Perhaps the IRS will perk up and have a chat with her about that. If not, perhaps these funds can be used to pay her family's frequent attorneys' fees, there seems to be a pattern there

With respect to my earlier post on this thread on the Ohio AG's complaint, that was in fact for an aussie puppy that Britney sold to a woman in SW Pennsylvania, which puppy tested positive for parvo within 12 hours of the "sale". There is another, 43 page long thread re: Britney Sturtz in this Off Course forum, run a search and read up on more current information about our Miss B.

Proceed with all options you may have per your lawyers. There are also a couple of reports (including mine) filed on ripoffreport.com, make sure you get copies of these to your attorneys too. There are others who have been in your "adoptee" status who have in fact succeeded in getting full title to their horses.

Also, since Britney consistently reads these forums, your "surprise" advantage may have evaporated since you used your name in your post. Be prepared in case B's next move is to seize your horses with a public and loud complaint that you have "broken" your contract with her and/or that you've neglected/abused "her" horses.

Good luck to you.....somebody's going to ring B's bell, and I sure hope it will be you.

We recently purchased an Aussi Puppy from Britney and now she is trying to take him back by saying we broke contract because I won't get him fixed until he's a year old. However, I am just following my vets orders, and he mailed her a letter stating so, per the terms of the contract. Now she is threatening to sue me for $16,000 over a $250 dollar dog that I purchased for a pet and companion for my other Aussi. I do not have any papers but she feels threatened by me because I refuse to fix him until he is a year old. She say I am going to use him for breeding, how can I use him for breeding if I have no papers??? I am just a pet owner, not a breeder. Any suggestions on how to deal with her?

Wow Justadreamer, you have a person with very questionable ethics trying to get YOU to do the right thing. Not a good sign, you might want to go ahead and get him neutered and be done with it. If only the lack of papers were enough to stop people from allowing dogs to breed there wouldn't be 10,000 per day roughly euthanized.

This could get interesting.....

Responded to Justadreamer on the other Brit thread. As for when is the best time to neuter a male dog....the best time to do so is before he becomes a daddy dog. That's all that matters in the overall scheme of things.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

3 members found this post helpful.

Laurierace -- I think you must have missed the part in Justadreamer's post that she is following her vet's recommendation and WILL get the dog neutered at the appropriate age.

There are many health drawbacks to neutered at too young an age, which generally means before one year and sometimes even later, depending on the breed and rate of maturation. I wouldn't want my dog to have the increased risk of ACL rupture or a urinary blockage by stones because of the failure of the urethra to fully develop in a puppy neutered too young, for instance.

Simply because the animal is not neutered does not mean that he or she will breed, either intentionally or unintentionally.

8 members found this post helpful.

Default she's baaaack!

oh boy does this sound familiar. The fruitbat is back, and just in time for the holidays. Apparently Britney's math skills are just as pathetic as her grammar. How do you get from $250 to $16,000?

Quote Originally Posted by Curiously View Post
    Laurierace -- I think you must have missed the part in Justadreamer's post that she is following her vet's recommendation and WILL get the dog neutered at the appropriate age.

There are many health drawbacks to neutered at too young an age, which generally means before one year and sometimes even later, depending on the breed and rate of maturation. I wouldn't want my dog to have the increased risk of ACL rupture or a urinary blockage by stones because of the failure of the urethra to fully develop in a puppy neutered too young, for instance.

Simply because the animal is not neutered does not mean that he or she will breed, either intentionally or unintentionally.
    I didn't "miss" anything, I just disagree with it and agree with a criminal. That is frightening.

3 members found this post helpful.

Thank you Curiously for reading my post properly and defending my point!

Laurierace ... I have an appointment to Neuter him two days after his first birthday.

Curiously ... You are absolutely correct, I just want to protect my baby from having future health issues! A lot of studies have proven that neutering after the one to two year old mark can hopefully protect them from having some of the most common illnesses that can possibly shorten their life. Unlike most people, my animals are not just my pet, they are my children, especially since my husband and I have been unsuccessful in having any of our own children. I want my little angel to be as healthy as possible so that he is with me as long as possible!

According to Bs contract I signed off on the breeding rights, which is absolutely fine with me, and I am required to neuter him, however, if my vet recommends neutering at a latter date I had to have him supply a letter to B stating so and that is exactly what he did! She will receive her precious certificate of alteration when he is neutered!

I followed all the terms of her contract, therefore, she should not be harassing me or threatening me. As far as I am concerned, I have rescued my baby from a horrible person. He acts as if he was miss treated by B, she lied to us about his training and about why she decided to sell him at such an old age! She claimed that he was house broken, groomed weekly with a blow dryer, and leash trained. She claimed that she was keeping him as a stud until she found out she was pregnant and couldn't manage that many dogs any more. Yet, when we arrived to pick him up she was not pregnant, she claimed she had paid $15,000 for his mother and $7,500 for a miniature Aussie she had in her filthy pen along with many other sad pups. She could not show me his mother or his father and was unable to even prove that he was even register-able. He is deathly afraid to be groomed, he runs away from the brush and a blow dryer is out of the question, he is not house trained and has never been on a leash! She is a horrible person and should not be allowed to own any animals as far as I am concerned.

It sounds like she is just a con artist trying to get a free ride from innocent people looking for a pet to take home and love.

I was just looking for advice about dealing with her, not a lecture on when a male dog should and/or shouldn't be neutered...but thank you Laurierace and pony4me for your insight, you make it sound as if I am an idiot and cannot keep my dog on a leash until he is neutered! Don't worry, I will make sure he doesn't become a daddy and cause more innocent puppies to get euthanized!

I guess I will have to discuss this with a lawyer! If anyone else has some helpful information I can use when dealing with this psycho I would really appreciate it!

6 members found this post helpful.

Good luck Just

Um, dreamer, I was agreeing with you. Doesn't matter to me when you neuter your dog. Whatever your vet advises is ok with me. As long as no other dogs get preggo, which seems to be your intent, whatever you do is ok by me. I was not implying you were an idiot.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Is it too early for popcorn and wine?
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

To early for popcorn, pop the cork on the wine