The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Paint and Qh Geldings

Both approximately 15.2. Bay QH is 8yo. Paint is 5. Both are fat, sound and healthy. They both need some wet saddle blankets. Not for beginners. They've been sitting on the side of a mountain in the backwoods of VA for years.Too nice to leave sitting around. They are not "hunter" type horses. They are more stock/trail/cow horses. I ended up with them because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Ran into an elderly man who sold his farm and needed the horses gone. I even paid for them. Yes I'm an idiot. Email for pictures.

Just wanted to tell you your post made me laugh out loud. Because I would have paid for them too. Total sympathy.

I would suggest posting this on a rodeo/stock horse type site.
    OLD FRIENDS FARM-Equine Retirement-We LOVE Seniors!! Spoiling Retirees since 1998
    http://www.angelfire.com/oldfriendsfarm/home.html
    Charter Member of UYA!

crisco41 Guest

Have thes ehorses ever been ridden? Have they been handled at all? are they suitable for an intemediate rider? ya got any pictures? thanks. How far from Nashville tn? LOL

Yes they've been handled. They come running when you call them. Are easy to halter/lead/tie/tack up. They just don't know anything undersaddle. I have ridden both. They need someone who knows what their doing to continue their training.

If they are still available I may be very interested in both. I am into team penning,sorting, lots of trail riding, and maybe a little roping later on. Please feel free to message me!! Thanks
    Just cause you move to Texas, doesn't mean you are a Texan. After all, if a cat puts her kittens in the oven, It doesn't make them Bisquits.

They would have been great for that, but they found a home and it's on the way to where I have to go tomorrow so I'm delivering them first thing in the morning.