The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sound, well-trained gelding in PNW for free lease

Free lease offered to the right home:

14 year old, 16h chestnut APHA gelding. Experience on the A circuit in low-level jumpers, solid First level dressage (shown locally this year with consistent mid-60's), and has been out XC. Very personable, good ground manners, does the usual load-bathe-clip. Even has clean stall habits! Also has training in pleasure and is equally happy to jog/lope easily for someone that just wants to hack (or ride bareback, as I've been doing for the last 2 months). Prefers a quiet, tactful rider. Good around cows, ropes, kids, dogs & ponies.

Just a really cute, fun guy that I can't find time for in addition to my others - PM me if you or someone you know may be interested. References will be required and checked!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Hello. Do you have pictures or videos? How far are you willing to let him go?

I do, although not on this computer.

Are we talking all the way to VA? To a good home, I suppose, but I'm having a hard time believing there isn't a nice(r) horse to lease on that side of the country. Ideally I'd like him to stay near enough that he can be checked on periodically, but am open to ideas.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

I've been looking in the VA area since Feb but not the right horse has came up.