The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I LOVE SMARTPAK!!!!!

Seriously. In love. Every time I've had something go wrong with one of their products they've either replaced or given me a full refund no problem. However, that's just staying true to their 100% satisfaction guarantee.

But today they blew my mind. I bought a pair of Tredstep half chaps from them a few months ago, and I really liked them! Until the snap jammed and then broke off. Obviously I was going to return them, but the customer service rep told me I could do that OR, since I liked the chaps otherwise, get the snap replaced locally and simply get Smartpak store credit to cover the cost of the repair. Uhhhhh.....what?!?!?! I. LOVE. SMARTPAK.

That's kind of awesome. For something that I know I like and I've finally broken in? I'd totally do that!

Sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community.

I love that they really stand behind their products, I mean what other company do you know would pay for the repairs for a product of theirs purchased months ago??

I had recently contacted them as I knew they were having their summer sale, but I was bringing a horse in on trial after the sale. I told them my story, how I would love to purchase stuff for the horse if he turned out to be my dream horse, and they graciously said, "We're sorry but the sale ended the 1st." Now I knew they were going to say that, but it doesn't hurt to ask right?, so I said thank you for trying and continued to window shop. Well a few minutes later I got an email saying they would discount one of the things I had asked about for me, because they felt bad the sale ended before my trial period did!!! LOVE THEM!

You really can't go wrong with them. They are completely blowing the other big boys tack shops out of the water! I love their customer service chat thing on their website too. Super easy to talk to these people and they accommodate the best they can on any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolpho614 View Post
    I love that they really stand behind their products, I mean what other company do you know would pay for the repairs for a product of theirs purchased months ago??
    I love Smartpak too, but Dover will also do the same. I had a bridle that had a keeper break after a few rides. The bridle was about 9 months old and I no longer had the receipt. No problem though! They happily exchanged it for a new bridle.

I have really been impressed with both Dover and Smartpak when it comes to customer service. And for that matter, Farmvet is outstanding as well- I ordered something that ended up being out of stock and they not only called me to PROFUSELY apologize, but followed up with a hand written note from a customer service agent and also included a coupon for 25% off any item. Wow, what these companies may lack in some areas, they sure make it up in customer service!

I agree, I love them. I stopped doing a lot of my shopping there though, when they were going through those free shipping growing pains (i.e. doing away with coupons, then requiring Smartpak purchases). But, now that they have the free shipping on any order over $75, I will definitely be looking to them again for my larger purchases.

Just south of the Arctic Circle...seriously

I've had really great experiences with both Dover and Smartpak and I love their products.
    “Thoroughbreds are the best. They’re lighter, quicker, and more intelligent.” -George Morris

I love love love Smartpak. Love their supplements, love their customer service.

I just placed an order and it was so easy and free shipping can't be beat!!! They are the only online tack shop I order from.

I hate Dover only due to their crazy high shipping costs and it takes forever to get the merchandise!! I will however shop in their store.

Agreed that Smartpak is awesome! The customer service reps are really friendly and HELPFUL! They made an error on an order of mine, and before I could blink it was taken care of.

I like that you can do a "taste test" of their supplements. Who wants to purchase an entire month's worth of something new, only to discover your picky horse won't touch it!!?!?

I just received samples of 3 supplements for my new horse. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    I like that you can do a "taste test" of their supplements. Who wants to purchase an entire month's worth of something new, only to discover your picky horse won't touch it!!?!?

I just received samples of 3 supplements for my new horse. I love it!
    I second this. Everytime I have to try something new on my horse, I always request samples to try because she's so picky!

I LOVE SmartPack!! I have the Henwitch (SP?) bridle that I got for $100 and OMG im in LOVE with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany! View Post
    I LOVE SmartPack!! I have the Henwitch (SP?) bridle that I got for $100 and OMG im in LOVE with it!!
    Harwich. I agree, it's lovely! I was lucky and got the $120 eventing one for $50 new on ebay, and it is AMAZING! Way better than any other bridle in that price range.

I've had a lot more problems with Smartpak than Dover, however Smartpak's customer service is superb! Because of that, I will definitely keep shopping there.

SmartPak customer service is so incredible. They have, multiple times, gone down to the warehouse to measure different items for me before I order. My horse is just so awkwardly shaped! Love SmartPak.

I love them too, but sometimes need to look elsewhere because they don't have what I need. As they grow, I hope their inventory will expand.
    Mon Ogon (Mojo), black/bay 16 H TB Gelding

Quote Originally Posted by mojo7777 View Post
    I love them too, but sometimes need to look elsewhere because they don't have what I need. As they grow, I hope their inventory will expand.
    I agree. That is my only complaint with them.

Add me to the I love Smartpak chorus (off key alto)! I have been buying supplements for my dog - skin and hip issues. The last order I placed, my brain must have been on Mars. Instead of what I meant to order, I managed to order maintenance doses of one right thing and and one wrong thing.

Called them today - order fixed, new one thing coming at no charge and, oh yes, they waived the shipping fee!!
    And nothing bad happened!