The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Lease - Aged QH, Lovebug, quiet southern MD

Hi Guys-
    My 26 year old QH gelding just came home to me for "Retirement" but in reality, he really loves having a job. I don't have time to keep him occupied with all of my babies, so I'm looking for someone who wants to come ride and maybe help offset some of his costs in exchange for keeping his adorable head busy.
    He is 16.3 (maybe 16.2 in his old age!) and reasonably sound (he's 26!! so of course there are days where he's going to be a tad bit stiff!) Good on trails, loves ring work. Because of his age, i'd prefer that he doesn't jump, but pole work and the occasional crossrail would be ok. Has the best lead changes ever, can still do 2-tempi changes at his age if you ask
    We live on a beautiful farm and I do all of the care for my horses, there are tons of trails and we are on the river, so its a great place to toodle around.
    Ideally, I'm looking for someone who might ride 3 (maybe 4) days a week and will spoil him rotten, and enjoy him. He's a great teacher, so you don't need to be an excellent rider for him, just someone with good basics please. He does go western from his previous life, but has been ridden english for the last bajillion years by me. This horse will do anything you ask, if you ask him correctly- used to be a super show horse that showed at indoors and all that jazz.
    I would consider and off-the-farm lease to the right place and person....but you would have to have excellent references and be ok with me dropping in unexpectedly at any given time to check on my precious old man.

bumping for my baby boy. He's bored!!

Is he on supplements? Would be be fine for an adult rider who w/t/c? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkette View Post
    Is he on supplements? Would be be fine for an adult rider who w/t/c? Thanks.
    He is on supplements- Source SR and Cosequin, and would be ideal for someone who wants to just w/t/c.