The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default i wonder how the hubby would feel about...

I wonder how the hubby would feel about me bringing the pony INSIDE the house... where it's air conditioned.... to clip him tonight....

for some silly reason I don't think he's go for it... even though he is a small....

You know it's hot outside... when you consider bring an equine INSIDE... your House.

OMG PLEASE COOL OFF.
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

hmmm.... do you have a garage? maybe in there?

Caterson,
    I appears that the heat has gotten to you . That is not a pony, it is a big dog! You know the news shows are telling their viewers to take their pets inside. I'm sure your DH is just as vigilant as you are re pets and hot weather.Why, I just clipped my two or three fuzzy dogs (real dogs :lol ) in the house last night.
    I really don't think you'll have a problem. What kind o'beer does your DH like? Just sayin'

There's one way to find out!
    Heh heh heh!
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    There's one way to find out!
    Heh heh heh!
    lmao.. I could SOOO pull if off without his knowledge if I didn't have a couple of Big Mouth children that can't keep secrets to save their lives. He does work till 9:30pm tonight

DH doesn't like beer, but a few screwdrivers and he might offer to bring the pony inside for me; if I ask him to come hold aformentioned pony OUTSIDE while I clip him.

and yes, this heat has absofreak'n lutely gotten to me.... I have two old geldings who AREN"T FREAK"N SWEATING... we started One AC today and I've been hosing them off... I came in a wee bit ago from hanging a fan in their runin shed and hanging some wet hay in the same shed to entice them to stand in the shed in the fan breeze.

I just want it to cool off *SOB*
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

Pics, we must have pics. How good is hubby with a camera?

I don't see any problem with this as long as you have a good vacuum.

I think it's completely acceptable, as long as it's videoed and posted to youtube immediately.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

I feel the need to clarify... that I AM JOKING when I ponder bringing a horse INTO my house....

Just making sure.... being the internet and all... I'm not a complete whack job.

You sound perfectly normal to me, catersun. Every horse deserves to see the inside of the house!

(when parents or spouse are not around, that goes without saying)

Hope you get some relief soon.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Damn. Now I'm disappointed.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

There was an episode of Toddlers & Tiaras where they brought their mini horse into the house... to dye it pink...

Sarah... that is because those people ARE whackjobs!!!!

seriously.. anyone who puts makeup on a toddler.!.!. Now THAT is bat poo CrAzY.

I could totally see Gabi trying to sneak the pony in... I just don't think it's really reasonable for the Mommy to do it.. kinda sets a BAD precident for what can be brought in the house... esp with as big of fans as my kids are of 2jakes and the Venom One folks on swampwars... (see the less than amused look on this mama's face ( : -(

the other way this logic could bite me in the rear is if hubby takes a tit for Tat stance and brings his motorcycle into thehouse to clean it in the nice cool AC

My kid watches Rob and Big on MTV. For some reason they decided to buy a mini horse. So they got this little cremello mini that they kept in the house for some time until they got tired of picking up horse poop in the living room. So they took part of their skateboard course and made it into a mini horse paddock. BTW, the episode where they decided to take Mini G to a mini horse show is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by wireweiners View Post
    My kid watches Rob and Big on MTV. For some reason they decided to buy a mini horse. So they got this little cremello mini that they kept in the house for some time until they got tired of picking up horse poop in the living room. So they took part of their skateboard course and made it into a mini horse paddock. BTW, the episode where they decided to take Mini G to a mini horse show is hilarious.
    the horse poo in the living room crossed my mind too...

according to DH, it's this 2 and 3 step thinking has turned me into a total kiljoy and I am no longer fun..... I said, this is what it is to be a mommy. He told me to stop acting like a mommy. that I was being no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Catersun View Post
    the horse poo in the living room crossed my mind too...

according to DH, it's this 2 and 3 step thinking has turned me into a total kiljoy and I am no longer fun..... I said, this is what it is to be a mommy. He told me to stop acting like a mommy. that I was being no fun.
    And now you're wondering how DH will react to the clipping in the house? Wow. I'd think he would rejoice that you've finally decided to be spontaneous! What's a blue tarp for, anyway, other than to separate the pony poo from the carpet?

We had friends who would bring their donkey into the kitchen (had flagstone floor) to doctor it up..... he was fine and never even poo'd inside.

Ex-hubby used to bring his car engine (old Datsun) into the kitchen to work on it.....

Is all this not normal???
    We do not have an overpopulation of dogs, we have an under population of responsible dog owners!!!

I can tell you with all honesty, if I had a horse on this property... at some point, sooner or later, it would be in the house.
    Maybe not when all the dogs were also in the house.
    and probably when MrB was conveniently absent as well.

But I doubt i would have as valid an excuse as you do. Indoors for clipping! Genius! Do it! You have my permission and blessing!

*scampers off to google image search "horses in houses"*
    MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

In the winter, when it was 40 below zero, it was NOT unusual to find a baby calf in a box in my grandmother's entryway (and sometimes in the bathtub if the poor little duffer was cold enough when we found him). It would have been in our entryway but my grandparents lived in the same yard as us and they had more room. A pony in the house for clipping is a problem how?