The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Va - 10 y/o Tb Gelding to good home - Link to photos added

"Milton" is a 16.1 h 10 y/o TB gelding with an old suspensory injury. He is no longer sound for jumping, but would make a great lower level dressage or trail horse for an intermediate or better rider. He is well schooled in basic flat and lateral work, and has been trail ridden, but I would consider him green out of the ring. I took him to a local dressage show last year, just did a few intro tests, but he came home with score of 71 and 73% and the champion and reserve champion ribbons. I am mostly concerned with a good home for him and would do a home check and ask for vet references. He is an incredible jumper and if someone wanted to get him sound as a resale project, I would have no issue with that. He was schooling 2'6"-3' nicely prior to his injury, and had been free jumped 5'9" (he topped the standards out!). As far as his soundness is concerned, there are treatment options that were not fully explored due to my budget limitations, including supportive shoeing and shock wave therapy. Please contact me at jumpymeister@aol.com if you have any interest in him - I can email dressage and jumping photos (not sure how to post them here).
    Thanks!
    Kelly
    Last edited by jumpymeister; Aug. 5, 2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Link to photos added