The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for a first horse for young teen girl. Central PA.

I have a 13 year old girl who is looking for her first horse. She will be boarding it at my place, she lives right thru the woods 2 minutes away. She's been working at the barn and helping tend horses when we go away. She's proven herself responsible and ready ;-) She will be trail riding and dinking around in the rings mainly, but she will be trail riding along with my daughter who can ride like an Indian, for hours...so we need a pretty sound horse. Can be mare or gelding, anything 15 hands or higher would be perfect...She says she wants to try barrel racing, I'm not sure if that will pan out but she might do some little local gaming shows. I've gotten her dad's permission to find her what I think will be a good horse and he's willing to support her board and vet/farrier bills financially, so now we just need to find a good one that someone wants doted on by a horse crazy teenage girl. I can provide references from lots of sources on our facility and how the horses are taken care of ;-) Thanks!!!

Sounds like this horse would be perfect, and you woudl be a perfect fit for them:
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=314529