The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cnvh View Post
    And this...

5. Does Spirit Bridle have stopping capability? Yes, the Spirit Bridle stops a horse. It is so efficient that it is recognized for horse racing. To stop a horse who is trying to run off, the rider needs only to shake the head and then hold. Usually it takes only two or three such actions to stop the horse. With Spirit Bridle, the rider is actually braking the horse from the hindquarter.

Shake the head? Like grabbing somebody by the shoulders and shaking some sense into them? "Horse, get ahold of yerself, ah said WHOA!!"

And the hindquarters brake... is that like an E-brake?

Wow, this must be some bridle...

Quote Originally Posted by DutchDressageQueen View Post
    (Quoting)

"Spirit Bridle does not fail to succeed, the rider fails Spirit Bridle"

?
    Is it a bridle or a cult?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Grey_hunter View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DutchDressageQueen
    (Quoting)

"Spirit Bridle does not fail to succeed, the rider fails Spirit Bridle"

?
    Is it a bridle or a cult?
    It sounds like a Chuck Norris joke to me...
    "the waist is not a joint" I MUST REMEMBER THIS!

The Dr. Cook at the bottom of the page is only $89.90. also listed there is directiions how to make your own Indian bitless bridle out of rope for $9.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddfox View Post
    It sounds like a Chuck Norris joke to me...
    That was exactly what I was thinking
    And this is the story of your red right ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    Hey - if you can't use a bit, why not squeeze the snot out of your horse's head ?

Yeah and hope horsey doesn't have an issue with poll pressure and send you flying......
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Found this thread from last year

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=257729

Now dressage has an FEI approved legal bridle that locks down the jaw completely and pulls from the poll in the snaffle bit...........have not seen it in double bridle yet.

Funny, that's not what people who've used the bridle say on the very thread you cite. The design works better anatomically than your Spirit Bridle -- there is no pressure on the delicate end parts of the nose bone, as is evident in the Spirit Bridle photos I've seen.

With no crossunder, it looks easier on the horse's head than your design, too.

I just bought one online. I think my mare will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    Hey - if you can't use a bit, why not squeeze the snot out of your horse's head ?
    I love it!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beasmom View Post
    Funny, that's not what people who've used the bridle say on the very thread you cite. The design works better anatomically than your Spirit Bridle -- there is no pressure on the delicate end parts of the nose bone, as is evident in the Spirit Bridle photos I've seen.

With no crossunder, it looks easier on the horse's head than your design, too.

I just bought one online. I think my mare will like it.
    Glad you paid the price for one.
    There is absolutely no way for the pressures being applied to the head of the horse by the Micklem Bridle can be released by the rein contact.
    On the other hand, Spirit Bridle releases any pressure through the rein contact. That is why Spirit Bridle requires the riders to have extremely light rein connection.

I get it.....any other bridle has magical properties except Spirit Bridle. Reality check, the Micklem Bridle is simply a vise.

Doesn't look that way to me. Rein pressure = pressure on bridle. Released rein pressure = released pressure on bridle. The design looks more comfortable for the horse than yours. Just because the Micklem fits snugly doesn't mean it's uncomfortable for the horse. William Micklem has better credentials than you do.

So the money's not going to YOU!

Keep "advertising" and get banned. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonharte8 View Post

I get it.....any other bridle has magical properties except Spirit Bridle. Reality check, the Micklem Bridle is simply a vise.
    That's the ting, it's not magical. It's physics

There is absolutely no way for the pressures being applied to the head of the horse by the Micklem Bridle can be released by the rein contact.
    On the other hand, Spirit Bridle releases any pressure through the rein contact. That is why Spirit Bridle requires the riders to have extremely light rein connection.

The thread is about the way you advertise your bridle and the "interesting" claims that you make about it, not the Micklem Bridle thread. Address this thread. THIS thread.

You WISH you had the street cred that Micklem has.

He has the reapect of people like the O'Connors and you have...

a big fat NOTHING
    Last edited by carolprudm; Aug. 4, 2011 at 09:49 PM.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

I have used the Micklem bridle in all of its configurations -- bitted and bitless.

As a bitless bridle I think it's quite mild. I've used it a lot as a side pull and occasionally in the cross under design. One thing I really like about it is that the crown piece is padded so there is less pressure over the poll.

For my current horse I use it with a bit. There's nothing harsh about it at all.
    Equine Ink - My soapbox for equestrian writings & reviews.
    EquestrianHow2 - Operating instructions for your horse.

A) I'm sure there's a special place in hell for me for feeding the trolls.

B) I too would like to purchase a Spirit Butt. (Very nice job meupatdoes).

C) The Spirit Bridle, as I understand it and basic physics, does not release pressure through rein contact; it releases pressure through the lessening of rein contact. Contact = pressure on multiple points of the face. Lack of contact = pressure free.

I'm not sure that's what I want my horse to learn.
    Last edited by CaitlinandTheBay; Aug. 4, 2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Poor grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    The thread is about the way you advertise your bridle and the "interesting" claims that you make about it, not the Micklem Bridle thread. Address this thread. THIS thread.
    Addressing this thread:
    Mouthing off negatively about Spirit Bridle clearly demonstrates ignorance or just plain bulling.

I have a whole lot of satisfied clients and horses........I do not have the financial means to market the way others do. I have to do my marketing by word of mouth and one on one connecting.

As for credibility of the Micklem claims,other claims by other bitless bridles, and my claims about Spirit Bridle - - well;
    You see it is quite easy to prove or disprove.

I have set forth the challenge to gather scientific data regarding claims of the bitless bridles, however, no one really wants to accept.

The day shall come when some of you, but not all, may be willing to recognize I do know of what I speak.

I just ask one thing of you all, bash away at SB and me, but please refrain from bashing my clients.

Have a great evening.
    Allan

[QUOTE=Bogie;5759005 One thing I really like about it is that the crown piece is padded so there is less pressure over the poll.

[/QUOTE

no dog in this fight at all - but this statement makes no sense. Just because an item is padded, isn't going to reduce the downward pressure caused by a leverage action - just saying.. it's simple physics. Bad advertising if they suggest such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExJumper View Post
    Sometimes I'm thrown off, sometimes I'm bucked off, sometimes I simply fall off, and sometimes I go down with the ship. All of these are valid ways to part company with your horse.

Just because an item is padded, isn't going to reduce the downward pressure caused by a leverage action - just saying.. it's simple physics. Bad advertising if they suggest such a thing.

No such claim has ever been made about Spirit Bridle because Spirit Bridle does not have a padded crown and such a statement regarding pressure is false advertising.
    In a conventional bridle the only way the downward pressure on the poll can be released is by releasing the pressures being applied to the cheek straps and and bit/bits. In a bridle with the cross under the jaw rein technology, release of the poll pressure comes only from softening the rein contact.

The day shall come when some of you, but not all, may be willing to recognize I do know of what I speak.
    You'll pardon me if I'm not holding my breath while awaiting that day.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.