The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sales Barn with "training board" on East Coast?

Hi- I need to sell/lease my Jumper and am looking for a sales barn on the east coast that will take on a horse on "training" or "consignment" board and help me sell/lease her. Anybody know of any good farms? Any recommendations or information is appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by pcc93; Aug. 1, 2011 at 10:25 PM.

1. Depends on how much you want to spend on board and fees.
    2. Any specific location/state?
    3. What calibur of a horse are you selling and to what 'market'?
    4. Do you want a barn that will aggressively advertise and sell quickly?

This is a barn located in South Carolina...they do the local circuit and dabble in a few AA's from time to time. Great reputation and very professional.

www.ThreeFoxFarm.net

Good Luck!
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

Default Sales barn

Hi,
    Where is the horse now and what does she do?
    Thanks,

Hi- Thanks for the responses! I am ideally looking to spend about $1000 per month. The horse is a 2001 17 .0 hand Holsteiner Mare who has the ability to do Children's Jumpers and Modifieds without a problem. She had a minor soft tissue injury in September 2009 which was treated and healed perfectly but we still turned her out for a year after the initial rehab just to be careful. She is starting to jump again and I am trying to make a plan for her, she has had no complications or problems since the injury in September 2009. She is currently in Eastern Ohio and I am located in Western PA but I am open to suggestions pretty much anywhere on the east coast. When she is ready to be sold I would rather her be at a barn that would sell her quickly and market her aggressively. Thanks!
    Last edited by pcc93; Aug. 2, 2011 at 09:04 PM.

In Central-Eastern PA you would definitely be looking at more than $1,000/month on training board. I wasn't specifically looking for a "sales" barn for my horse, but training board with decent trainers starts at around $1,200 out here.

Okay I mean I am speaking idealistically when it comes down to it I'll spend what I am going to need to spend to get her sold. Thanks!

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

What has the horse done since you turned her out following the injury? If you want to sell her quickly, and feel confident that she will hold up to the work, my advice is to get her back in the ring at least a few times in whatever division you think she is suitable for. Otherwise I think a lot of prospective buyers (and professionals asked to represent her) are going to be wary of taking her on.

In my area it would definitely cost more than $1000 at a decent facility just for board, never mind training... but you could consider perhaps free leasing her to someone who would pay her expenses and get her back in the ring for you, if you did not have the time or resources to do it yourself.

The fastest way to sell horses like this is to present a recent, successful show record.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Yes I totally agree. She is currently starting back to jumping. I am just doing this to get feelers and try to devise a plan. My plan is to bring her back to jumping 3'6 and showing myself or trying to find a short term lease or something then send her to a sale barn. Thanks!

look through the florida area...... lots of good barns in ocala (don stewart, bob braswell), tampa (brock clearmont), tallahassee (amy center and janet cawley, rob billings), and jacksonville (chad watridge, robert robold)