The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trail Riding in/around Brunswick GA!

Can anyone recommend a place to ride next weekend while I am in/around Brunswick/St Simons GA? PM is fine. Thank you!
    Life is too short to argue with a mare! Just don't engage! It is much easier that way!

Have fun, be safe, and let the mare think it is her idea!

Just got back from the barn and saw this M.

OK I personally preferred the ride at Sea Island Stables at dusk on the beach at Sea Island and then they had a cookout. Don't know if this is still done, but if it is, check out Sea Island Stables or any stables on St Simons Island.

And there was, and maybe still is, a ride onto Jekyll Island. A woman hauled the horses over daily to ride on the beach there. Don't know if they have a cookout as that woman was living with a doper I tried (and lost the case) in Long Co. about 10 yrs ago. So I did not ride with her group.

Riding on either beach at dusk is wonderful as they let you go and canter thru the surf. have fun!

(When Bennie was alive, he owned the Red Barn Restaurant on St Simons, he had his staff take me for rides on his horses all over St. Simons. Fun times. )

Oh, I do miss the rides from Sea Island stables. I don't now if they still do it unless you are a guest at the resort or a friend of a resident. I am neither. I should call and ask. Thanks for the reminder of SIStables...I will look them up.

M
    Life is too short to argue with a mare! Just don't engage! It is much easier that way!

ok M, here's a Jekyll horseback riding #, closed Mondays, so call them Tuesday for schedule
    912-635-9500. Hope the horses are good and that you enjoy the ride.

Still check and see if anyone does Sea Island too.

Sea Island Stables changed names/ownership, see now The Stables at Frederica. I have a friend working there as one of the instructors, she is very knowledgeable. I think they still do beach rides: thestablesatfrederica.com

Monste, I am interested in riding on Sunda am if the weather is good...I wonder if it is possible....

I am looking into it now. Thank you for that information. I haven't seen the new facilites. I used to ride there years ago...I do mean years ago....been many!

*******IF YOU GO*******

Sorry, I wanted to get you attention and anyone else's that goes to the Stables at Frederica (Sea Island Stables).

I sold them my horse who I owned from the time she was 8 months and broke/trained her myself. They call her Pinot and she is there with her sister Champagne (we called them Peanut and Onyx respectively). I think they do the beach rides with them. Any pics or updates on my girl would be very much appreciated. I know they take good care of her, but I miss her terribly! Also, I'm curious about how tall she got. I'm hoping she made it to 16.2.

TIA!!

I am scheduled to ride at 0900 on Saturday morning. I will let you know how it goes! I hope that I have a wonderful beach ride. I hope it is a wonderful experience. I am very excited!

How did it go? Were the horses nice? And did they, as they used to,, turn you loose to canter thru the surf?

No, I didn't get to go....too much work! Work had me very tired and decided for my sake to not do so. I really wanted to...one of these days.