The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default River Glen?

Anyone going to the River Glen HT this weekend? My recent Jr. Hunter-turned-eventer is showing with Leah Khorsandian, his first time going training! I'm a basket of nerves, though I know she's excellent with him and he's more than capable. Still, not used to not being the one in the saddle. Anyone shown there? Help calm this very nervous mom

I'm going to be there on my horse Tiamo in the STR division. It will be fun! I hope my ride times are early though.
    Last edited by KBG Eventer; Aug. 2, 2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: STR now, not JYOT
    T3DE Pact

You'll be fine! It's a great venue...easy to get around, and you can see nearly everything from the barn area. So, you'll be able to keep an eye on your pony for almost all of the xc course if you stand by the barns/camper parking area (near the water complex).

The folks at River Glen are some of the nicest people I've ever met. They truly want to run nice events that attract people from the region, but they don't lose sight of the idea that we're a tight-knit community. There's usually a bonfire, wine and cheese, and bagpipes on Sunday morning! I think you're going to have a blast!

KBG, I'll look for you! My horse is Aquarius. I hope we have a fun safe weekend!

Oberon, I've heard the venue is awesome so I'm super excited! Wine and bagpipes?! This weekend just got even better. I'm praying for good weather.
    Last edited by Rollie Pollie; Aug. 2, 2011 at 02:06 PM.

My horse and I will be there, we're in TR doing our first Training! Hoping things go well, we've had a few crazy rides recently!

River Glen is a nice facility, good move up venue, and the staff have always been nice when I've been there. We went and schooled there a few weekends ago and the owner spoke about some of the areas he was working on improving (which included adding a novice and training level ditch, for those who are interested!).

I am sure your horse will do fabulous! The XC is usually very inviting, they have fairly easy questions and even my spooky horse and I had a fantastic run when I went novice there in the spring. Stadium is usually difficult, but I had fun riding their course the last time I was there!

BTW, my horse is Moonlight Chaser, so look for us!

I will be there with a P and a 4 yr old doing his first BN!
    I have seen Leah and your horse at RH and Chatt hills T will be a piece of cake for them!!

Quote Originally Posted by nextyear View Post
    I will be there with a P and a 4 yr old doing his first BN!
    I have seen Leah and your horse at RH and Chatt hills T will be a piece of cake for them!!
    I was at Chatt Hills too! What a beautiful place. Good luck at River Glen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hevonen View Post
    My horse and I will be there, we're in TR doing our first Training! Hoping things go well, we've had a few crazy rides recently!
    I'm doing my first Training with my horse too! I did two Trainings on my previous horse in 2009, but he was a completely different kind of ride. I'm very excited!

By the way, we went schooling recently, and they had 2 new revetted ditches! I'm pretty sure one is Prelim and one is Training, but the Training one could be Novice too.

ETA: Rollie Pollie, I'll look out for your guy too! I'm sure he'll do great.
    T3DE Pact

We'll be there! P and I are in the OP and a student in the BN. Looking forward to having a canter around the course - first event back for P and I since I got married!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Pollie View Post
    KBG, I'll look for you! My horse is Aquarius. I hope we have a fun safe weekend!

Oberon, I've heard the venue is awesome so I'm super excited! Wine and bagpipes?! This weekend just got even better. I'm praying for good weather.
    If it is the same person that played the bagpipes as last year it was very beautiful! I never thought they could sound so good.

Good luck this coming weekend also and lets hope it cools off a bit there!

If you're camping on site, the showers inside the big barn feel AMAZING after a long day!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon13 View Post
    If you're camping on site, the showers inside the big barn feel AMAZING after a long day!
    Good to know! We camped in the trailer for Chatt Hills and the shower had no hot water. In theory it doesn't seem that bad but cold shower + sunburn = misery.

Quote Originally Posted by KBG Eventer View Post
    I'm doing my first Training with my horse too! I did two Trainings on my previous horse in 2009, but he was a completely different kind of ride. I'm very excited!

By the way, we went schooling recently, and they had 2 new revetted ditches! I'm pretty sure one is Prelim and one is Training, but the Training one could be Novice too.

ETA: Rollie Pollie, I'll look out for your guy too! I'm sure he'll do great.
    How exciting! I hope your first Training goes fabulous!

Huh... they must have finished those ditches after we were there, darn. I wish I could have schooled them! Pony and I can be ditchy, but hopefully we can conquer that issue this weekend! They had a Prelim ditch already, with two hanging logs on either side to make it a coffin. Honestly, one of those hanging logs (the in I think) gives me the willies. Maybe they moved them... dunno!

Default River Glen

Food is the best. It'll be hot here, 95 on Friday but only high 80's on Sat & Sun so it may be tolerable. This is the most entries in several years. Should be a good event.

Good luck to everyone at River Glen! I'll be cheering on a barn mate who is in the Training division...unfortunately, I won't physically be there. But cheering in spirit!

Good luck to those who are moving up and have fun!!!!