The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Paint Shows.

My friend a fellow barn border told me about Paint Shows in Ohio (I think). My mom told her that Beautiful is not reg and she said oh well their are non reg classes there also. Sooo my mom told me it sounded like a good idea and to maybe show at a few shows next yr along with the EHSC and WPRD shows.

Sounds like a lot of fun, Tiffany! I understand they have many, many divisions, so there is sure to be something that suits you and Beautiful.

Can she be registered Pinto? Depending on where you're located, there may be a few pinto shows worth going to.

I've never heard of a Paint show which had non-registered classes, but it's still possible I'd guess... I'd check into it, as it may well mean Pinto shows, too. Check out videos to get an idea of what expectations are for whatever type of show you attend, as they can be quite a different type of universe sometimes!

Regardless - have lots of fun!
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

You can find APHA/AQHA shows that have open classes for all breeds, same thing probably with PtHA shows. Also look into NSBA. Remember though that the competition will be a little tougher than a small local unrated circuit.
    Proudly Owned By Sierra, 2003 APHA Mare
    In Loving Memory of Tally, April 15, 1983 - June 2, 2010

You should be able to register her as a pinto and then show her there. I also haven't heard of many APHA shows with open classes. In fact I wanted to take my APHA gelding to an AQHA show and do the open classes (it was a HUGE show and QHs are not that big around here so I assumed there would be open classes) and no dice - there weren't any.

Plus there's really no point in showing in a breed show unless you are registered with that breed. Are there a lot of open shows near you?
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013