The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who owns this Quaterback son? Quaterback/Harvard/Prinz Miro

Quaterback - Harvard - Prinz Miro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDfDToOqtPM

I believe it is Marne Martin's young stallion.

Yes, he is mine, and is a late foal, just turning three 28 June.

I had leased the mare for a few years from a friend of mine. The mother is out of the Fackese line going back also to Facila, Karl Peters rather famous Oldenburg mare line.

I also have the full sister who is two this year.

Whoever was riding in the video looked like they were having a nice easy ride on such a young 'un!

Marne, can you comment on what you feel Quaterback is siring in regards to the undersaddle experience--rideability, natural balance, good contact, soft back, forward?

Sure would be interested to hear some first hand experience on this!

Amazing horse!

He is lovely! I am also curious about the rideability. I have a two year old stallion prospect by Quaterback that I really like. The temperament is so good, he is so people oriented, curious, sensitive and easy to handle..I am hoping it continues once a saddle goes on his back.

Do you have any pics/video of the filly you have?
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Quote Originally Posted by mmt View Post
    Yes, he is mine, and is a late foal, just turning three 28 June.

I also have the full sister who is two this year.
    He is very nice. Thanks for posting the video. Hopefully more videos to come in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Donella View Post
    He is lovely! I am also curious about the rideability. I have a two year old stallion prospect by Quaterback that I really like. The temperament is so good, he is so people oriented, curious, sensitive and easy to handle..I am hoping it continues once a saddle goes on his back.

Do you have any pics/video of the filly you have?
    Is that Qatar? Yummmm
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Is that Qatar? Yummmm

Thanks! Yes, that him.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

It was me riding him, the second time ever, and I had just hopped on him that day after not seeing him for a few months. Quaterflash is a very good boy and given him another year or two wait till you see what we can do with that front leg. :-) He is very elastic through the shoulders and back, but needs more topline strength and muscle before the hind legs can come faster and the front legs flash more. Once we get him to that stage, we will present him. The canter and walk are super how they are. The trot has plenty of reach and shoulder freedom, but needs more power and muscle to come up and compress. It will be there though.

Mine is unique in type and the walk from those I have seen, but there are a number that look very elastic and fun to ride. Overall I am a big Quaterback fan. However, like the Florencios, there are many Quaterbacks that are not so easy to work with, but that is a lot to do with the mare. My friend Nancy Holowesko also has a super Quaterback out of her super Florencio mare, so you have to judge each horse as an individual and not make generalities.

The mother of Quaterflash has made beautiful, rideable horses with good gaits out of a variety of stallions, which is a feature more of the mare line, which I think is super important.

Quaterflash will change a lot as he matures these coming years, but will be a really good dressage horse. He is one of the nicest I have sat on, although I have a number of other very nice ones coming up. You should see the colt out of my mare Royal Coeur born this year from Dante Weltino.

We will present Quaterflash at some point to potentially do frozen semen for America, but his main job will be as an up and coming FEI horse for me. He also has to prove he can be a competition horse as a stallion or else... :-)

P.S. There were some photos of Floriada (the full sister) as a foal on my facebook page. She is similar in type and character to my stallion, just two years old this year, but is only born in July so we won't start her until the fall next year. We will see how she is under saddle, but my husband and I may keep her as a broodmare in Germany.

You should see the colt out of my mare Royal Coeur born this year from Dante Weltino.

Trying not to highjack.. but do you have any photos/video of this colt? Thanks!
    www.windhorsefrm.org and on Facebook too!
    Where mares rule and Basset Hounds drool!

Here are photos and video of Dante Coeur at four months of age with his recipient mother:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F4uzj7vIqY

And for fun of those curious - here is the foal video of the Christ - Stedinger - Cartousch filly we bought in 2009 out of the same dam line as Falcao. She has super gaits still (including the walk) and is very pretty so will put her under saddle next year at three. Some people had been asking about Christ before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63SyhcH1VdI

I just want to say that, if you EVER get tired of him and want to get him out of your hair, I'll take him, no problem. As a young 3 year old, there is nothing that I can see that I DON'T like.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

And for fun of those curious - here is the foal video of the Christ - Stedinger - Cartousch filly we bought in 2009 out of the same dam line as Falcao. She has super gaits still (including the walk) and is very pretty so will put her under saddle next year at three. Some people had been asking about Christ before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63SyhcH1VdI
    Yummy! That makes me happy to see . We have a Christ foal coming out of Dixieland Jazz d'Avalon (Don Principe x Mata Hari/Mannhattan). Excited to see what we get from that cross!
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

mmt- He's stunning! I just drooled all over my laptop! HA!

This is really nice of everyone to comment. I expect we will try to present Quaterflash next year at some point under saddle. He always could do the 30 day test and then a qualifier. For Dante Coeur, he just has to grow up and then we make a plan. :-)

I love our Quaterback x Rubinstein, i wish they were all as easy as her. Here is a video of her if anyone would like to see.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axNGQ4DP01I

Quote Originally Posted by renee View Post
    I love our Quaterback x Rubinstein, i wish they were all as easy as her. Here is a video of her if anyone would like to see.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axNGQ4DP01I
    What a gorgeous and completely effortless trot! It must be amazing to see her grow into herself a little more everyday! What are your plans for her?
    Horse Breeder Direct
    You Know Your Horses. We Know How to Sell Them.
    Quality Horses for Sale Directly from Equine Professionals.

This is really nice of everyone to comment. I expect we will try to present Quaterflash next year at some point under saddle. He always could do the 30 day test and then a qualifier. For Dante Coeur, he just has to grow up and then we make a plan. :-)
    I hope you do present him, Marne. He looks really lovely!