The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Super Cute 2yo Buckskin Appy filly needing home ASAP!!!! GA **PICS** Home Found!

I'm posting this for a friend.

Very sweet, level headed, super flashy 2yo (and 4 months) filly is looking for a home ASAP... like by this weekend. It's a very long story, but my friend rescued this filly's mother from a deplorable situation. Mare had filly, and then friend lost her farm through divorce. Friend has supported all of her horses, responsibly rehoming them, but she kept the filly for as long as she could to avoid her going to some yahoo and getting backed way too early. My friend's life has really taken a nose dive very recently, and she is scrambling to find this girl a home right away.

Filly is UTD on everything, she has received regular trims, and she is very well handled. She is around 14h, so should stay in the 14-15 hand range. She is a very flashy buckskin with a snowflake blanket, and as if that wasn't enough she has leg barring and a dorsal stripe. Her dam turned out to be a diamond in the rough POA, had a wonderful temperament and could jump anything. This filly so far seems to be very much like her mom.

She is very well proportioned and while not dainty, she is definitely going to be more sport in type.

I have photos but in truth they are horrible. My friend had to wrangle her 1yo son while getting pictures (without help) of the filly earlier this week. Contact me if you'd like to see them.

This filly needs a home ASAP and transportation could possibly be arranged if convenient to the Gainesville, GA area. Please pass this along to anyone who you think might be interested!!!

Thanks!

ETA: Pics... These are "the best of the not so great photos". She wasn't standing square and wasn't square to the camera, so please take this into consideration. These really are not conformation photos at all.. *sigh*
    Pic 1
    Pic 2 (I bet she thought part of her carrot fell on the ground here and she was trying her hardest to find a stray morsel..)
    Last edited by Fractious Fox; Aug. 2, 2011 at 02:58 PM.

I wish you were closer. I'd take her in a second.

If someone could help out with getting her here she would have a home. No way I can afford shipping from GA to PA
    -SW-
    Precious Few- 1998 OTTB

*sigh* ... shipping always seems to be the problem!

I really hope someone can take her from this board, and in the next couple of days (I know that's asking a lot). I just feel awful for my friend, and the filly. I'd take her myself, but I only have the finances for one horse and I board. I think she'd be a super fun (and easy) project though, and could easily be sold on once she is started and gets some miles on her. OR, she could be that perfect match for someone looking for a diamond in the rough to bring along!

C'mon, someone out there needs this filly!!

I could come south a little ways if that would help! Anyone coming this way that might have a spot for her?
    -SW-
    Precious Few- 1998 OTTB

Hmm.... I don't know if her owner would be able to travel too far out. It would be great if someone were passing through! She could get her to I85 or I75 I bet!

I can vouch for the owner, she's a super person, always takes incredibly good care of her horses and I know it's killing her to have to give her baby away.

IF anyone is interested in her I am going up that way on Saturday afternoon and I can bring her to your farm is you live between Gainesville and West Georgia, some caveats apply (like Macon is not really between Gainesville and W Ga for instance).

Btw, Fox, hi!
    glimmerling

Member Appaloosa lovers clique

Glimmering! Hi! So wonderful of you to offer to help! ))) I hope we can find her a super home by this weekend - she really needs to go somewhere where she will be able to blossom into the cool horse she has the potential to be! She is just too cute to let go!

I really wish I could take her, but finances limit me to one horse. Ugh! I wish I had a farm of my own!

I posted on the trailer pooling/ride share thread on the off chance someone is coming my way, otherwise I hope she gets a fantastic home!
    -SW-
    Precious Few- 1998 OTTB

Oh wow, she is adorable! I wish my DH would let me get a third!

Hi, I am very interested! I have been looking fir a buddy for my mini, and a project for me. The place where they will be staying is right around the corner from my house. It has 3 large run in stalls, with a 1/2 acre paddock, and a 3 1/2 acre pasture. I was planning on moving my mini there this week, so I could take your filly this weekend, if it worked out. I don't have a trailer, but I live in Sharpsburg Ga. Wow, I haven't been on COTH in forever, but thought I would check just in case, to see if anyone had a youngster needing a home.

Hi All! I just got a call from my friend - a home has been found! I will post an update after shipping takes place! This is FANTASTIC!

COTH is great!!

ACK! bummer Freebird!

COTH is awesome so many people come together to try to get the best situation for the horse. The horse is always the top priority, as it was in this thread. There were many different sollutions and in my opinion the perfect one was chosen for all!!! I say this COTH giveaway was a HUGE success!!!!

It definitely was a success all the way around. I'll be trailering miss filly to Freebird Saturday. Yay!
    glimmerling

Member Appaloosa lovers clique

Teehee - yup, I've been afraid to say anything for fear of jinxing it, but she'll be coming Sat. to be a buddy for my Mini. My plan is to let her grow up and mature for the next year, and then break her to hopefully be a future mount for my daughter. . She'll be close enough that her owner can come and visit, which I'm sure she'll want to do.

About 5 years ago when I was going through my divorce, I had to rehome/sell my 4 ponies - I kept my Mini - and it was devastating to me, but I was able to find them great homes - and I found one home via COTH! So now, I'm thrilled to be able to pay it forward.
    Last edited by Freebird!; Jul. 28, 2011 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    Teehee - yup, I've been afraid to say anything for fear of jinxing it, but she'll be coming Sat. to be a buddy for my Mini. My plan is to let her grow up and mature for the next year, and then break her to hopefully be a future mount for my daughter. . She'll be close enough that her owner can come and visit, which I'm sure she'll want to do.

About 5 years ago when I was going through my divorce, I had to rehome/sell my 4 ponies - I kept my Mini - and it was devastating to me, but I was able to find them great homes - and I found one home via COTH! So now, I'm thrilled to be able to pay it forward.
    YAY! oh, I thought you didnt get her. Im glad. take good care of the beauty

Glad you got her! Sounds like the perfect home!
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.

I'm so happy to see this outcome! Kudos to Fractious Fox and Freebird - the filly is adorable.

Yay!
    -SW-
    Precious Few- 1998 OTTB

And HUGE kudos to Glimmerling who is going to haul her to me - how sweet is she?!

And SW - I hope I didn't step on your toes - I know you wanted her, but I am glad that she'll stay within driving distance of her current owner. Of course, now this means that you still have room for a furry friend!! Have you checked out Camelot Auction House? I am ALWAYS seeing quality horses being posted on their Facebook page for dirt cheap.
    Last edited by Freebird!; Jul. 28, 2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: because I can't type on my iPod Touch...