The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Horses Unlimited Herd Reduction Auction?

http://nmsporthorseauction.com/horses.html

http://www.horsesunlimited.us/Broodmares.asp

Is this a cull? retirement? status change? forclosure?

or..............hope against hope...........are sporthorse auctions really becoming an acceptable US venue like in most of the European countries???

Because I have to admit, I am quite smitten with this one..........
    http://nmsporthorseauction.com/horse.../amata_002.jpg

Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

They had an auction last year or the year before. I know that they also used to buy a fair amount of horses at the sporthorse auctions around the country.
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

I can understand a low minimum bid to draw buyers, but at only 1K for what appear to be nice horses, I have to say it raises some concerns.

I had heard that they are closing up shop in NM. The property is supposedly for sale, and that all horses will be sold. They moved most of their horses to FL earlier this spring. This may be a rumor, I don't know.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

In TB land, a minimum bid of 1K is intended to keep the horses from killer buyers.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

They made the choice to close the farm, tired of the day to day operations and hassles that come with it, Ann will keep some stallions at the Hasslers and sold some and will keep some horses in competition. We bought Wild Dance from her who was kind of hidden in NM but here has in just one month already bred 24 mares.
    www.immunallusa.com
    www.rainbowequus.com Home of stallions that actually produced champion hunter, jumper and dressage offspring and now also champion eventers

Quote Originally Posted by sixpoundfarm View Post
    I can understand a low minimum bid to draw buyers, but at only 1K for what appear to be nice horses, I have to say it raises some concerns.
    I agree with you but auctions are always a bit riskier. Where did you find the 1k info? I only see a list of horses that may be available?

Quote Originally Posted by kokoda View Post
    I agree with you but auctions are always a bit riskier. Where did you find the 1k info? I only see a list of horses that may be available?
    Home page said "$1000 Reserve bid on all horses. All horses that meet the reserve will sell!"

I suspect that MOST will not have any trouble meeting the reserve bid, with the possible exception of some of the older or unsound brood mares that are open....

I have wondered for some time how long HU could sustain those huge numbers of horses. I always worry when I see someone on a breeding or buying binge, esp. in these tough economic times. I hope the horses end up in good situations.

Temecula Jumper - what a mess! Thanks for sharing your story, and sorry you are having to go through this. Here's hoping you get things resolved to your satisfaction and your guy has a good life.
    Last edited by DownYonder; Jul. 23, 2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: fixed a typo!

Back to the auction. Nice horses.

They are nice, and I have always wanted to go to Albuquerque...
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Default Horses Unlimited

We have one of Anne's horses here in training with Suzi.
    It is our understanding that Anne just wants to cut back her operation to a more manageable size, which will actually allow her to have a life beyond the breeding shed!

Well it's certainly easy to understand someone deciding it's time to downsize - given the economy. And from what I've seen in New Mexico - it's a challenge keeping horses in an area where you don't have good pasture for grazing. Congratulations Edgar!!
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

I like how they use the actual registration paper to show the pedigree and the inspection scores for the stallion.

We bought Wild Dance from her who was kind of hidden in NM but here has in just one month already bred 24 mares.
    You need a video of him posted.

Default Forgive the thread stealing, but

Edgar has lots of video of Wild Dance offspring undersaddle on his website, and that convinced me! Wow!

ok Edgar, I'm already sold on Wild Dance, thought that he was hugely unnoticed by the breeding community and completely underutilized.................will you honor a LFG on the mares selling in-foal to him?
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

ok Edgar, I'm already sold on Wild Dance, thought that he was hugely unnoticed by the breeding community and completely underutilized.................will you honor a LFG on the mares selling in-foal to him?
    I can't speak for Edgar (and you might be asking a bit much given that he might not know the number mares in foal that are out there), but I can tell a story that has bearing on the transfer and New Ownership of Wild Dance.

I won the ISR stallion auction for Wild Dance in 2011. The first round of semen was shipped from NM without incident. However, my mare didn't settle. And, on the 16-day check she had a 3.5 follicle on right ovary. My veterinarian and I tried repeatedly to contact the SO without success. While waiting for a return call from the SO, I tuned in the Sporthorse forum here at the Chronicle. To my shock, there was a post congratulating Edgar on the purchase of Wild Dance. I called Edgar, and without ever hearing of me or my mare, without a credit card, he delivered a shipment of semen that afternoon to FEDEX. On top of all of this, the stallion had only arrived at Edgar's farm a few days before, had not been collected on site and 8 other mare owners had already placed orders for semen on that day.

I think my experience says a lot about how Edgar handles business. My mare is now safely in foal for 2012! If I had had the money I would have bred a second mare to Wild Dance (again, Edgar offered me a sweet deal).

I guess it does all come back around....a BIG thank you to Edgar for restoring my confidence in SOs! I had the misfortune a few years back of having won a stallion auction for a stallion that changed ownership. Again, no word from the SO even though a contract had been signed. New owner wanted additional money to honor the contract ($500 booking fee) and I didn't have it to spend at that time. So, I got nothing for my $1200 donation to American Hanoverian Society.

Quote Originally Posted by Derid View Post
    Edgar has lots of video of Wild Dance offspring undersaddle on his website, and that convinced me! Wow!
    The videos combined with Edgar going above and beyond, convinced me as well. I have my ASB mare booked to WD for next year.

I love a couple of the mares in this auction, I really want Amata something fierce! It looks like there will be some good opportunities to get really nice mares.

Now, if I'd just win that lotto!

We are another happy Edgar customer and proud to announce our Elite Mare Heiress is in foal to Wild Dance for 2012. The semen was excellent and she took on the first breeding. Can't wait to see the foal !
    HiddenAcresFarm.Net
    Imported from Germany, Assembled in Michigan
    Rare damline of 7 direct generations of Elite/States Premium Mares.