The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    Ocala, FL

Default UPDATED - home found! - cute dog needing a home by 7/23 Gainesville FL

UPDATE: Thanks guys - this dog is all set and has a new home.

A friend from the FLAHorse BB posted this and I am trying to help too.

This wonderful little guy was rescued from the middle of a highway. He is currently at a vet hospital, but will have to go to a (kill) shelter if he doesn't get a home by this weekend (7/23). He is a smaller dog of middle age. Best guess at breed is a Corgi x Beagle. If anyone wants him, the vet will neuter for free. He is in North GA, but the vet will be driving down to Gainesville, FL this Saturday. My friend can also pick him up and hold him for a few days, and I am offering to foster him as well, but would much prefer to find him a home.

We do not have more info on him at this time as he was a stray and has been at the vets.

Picture is here:

Thanks for any assistance!

Update: I will probably be taking this dog temporarily, but would still like to place him. Am waiting for final word back from the original person that posted this on FLAHorse BB - she is checking to see if they are still neutering him and to see if he gets along with other dogs and cats.

Please still let us know if you are interested as I have 4 dogs of my own and am not looking forward to the upheaval lol!
    Last edited by witherbee; Jul. 24, 2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: added location

Trails and woods

Hope this guy gets a home.....bump!!!
    Life is too short to argue with a mare! Just don't engage! It is much easier that way!

Have fun, be safe, and let the mare think it is her idea!

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

did he find a home?
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"

Ocala, FL

Default Found a home!

Yes, My husband and I were going to take him - possibly to rehome if needed, but he found a home so all is good (we have 4, so was not really looking for a 5th!). Thanks for looking!