The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    I'm waiting on a pair of brown Treadstone Tuscanys to arrive... As soon as I get them, I'll let everyone know how they are! They estimated about three months to do the special order in brown, but hopefully they'll be worth the wait.

I was debating on the ones from Dogwood, but the height just wasn't high enough for me (when I was measured for my Vogels, the guy giggled at the length of my lower leg!). The Tuscany's came in a tall height of 20 inches for no extra cost, so even though they're shorter than customs, they are hopefully worth the $350 off the rack price.
    I just bought a pair of Tuscanys (in black) and I'm very happy with them. They're not, obviously, the quality you're going to get out of a custom boot, or an $800.00 off the rack pair, but for the price, they're beautiful -- and the tall height is so welcome! I have the tall/slims, and they fit like a glove.

Does anyone have these?

http://www.nittanyboots.com/page/page/3291736.htm

I can't remember how I found this website. Maybe here but in another forum?
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

If you go to google.co.uk and put in 'brown riding boots', it will bring up plenty of options. I think the USA term 'file boots' is only commonly used in the us.

They are very popular in the uk, but are simply called riding boots, not field boots ;-).

Ah, I thank you for this thread.... My wallet does not ;-)

I have a pair of brown field boots, vintage too, that I found online and can't quite fit into without loosing a toe, and can't sell the damn things to save my life! They've been sitting in a consignment shop for over a year, seems no one wears a 7.5R anymore. I'd be happy to get $175 for them, just to see them move. Ah well.

I've been waiting for those Tuscany ones to come out in brown. I'd like to try them on before buying so I avoid having to pairs I can't get rid of!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHorseProblem View Post
    Does anyone have these?

http://www.nittanyboots.com/page/page/3291736.htm

I can't remember how I found this website. Maybe here but in another forum?
    Never mind. They have a terrible rep.

A helmet saved my life.

I know of a pair of brown Vogel Field boots in wonderful condition at a great price..... PM me for the deets!

I have a pair of Nittanys and have had them for probably 9 years and they show no signs of needing to be replaced. That said, I did buy them 9 years ago.

I ordered a pair from Dogwood a week ago. The regular calf short height wasn't in stock so it will be a little while before they arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    I have a pair of Nittanys and have had them for probably 9 years and they show no signs of needing to be replaced. That said, I did buy them 9 years ago.
    Too bad, because I ordered some paddock boots from them, and it looks now like they have gone out of business, but neglected to take down their web site or cancel their PayPal account. I sent them two emails through their web site, and got weird auto-response mail in return. They claim "feel free to contact us at 877-94-BOOTS," but dialing that number gets you a referral to a 900 number that costs $1.99. It's turned into a PayPal/credit card dispute.

A helmet saved my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    I have a pair of brown field boots, vintage too, that I found online and can't quite fit into without loosing a toe, and can't sell the damn things to save my life! They've been sitting in a consignment shop for over a year, seems no one wears a 7.5R anymore. I'd be happy to get $175 for them, just to see them move. Ah well.

I've been waiting for those Tuscany ones to come out in brown. I'd like to try them on before buying so I avoid having to pairs I can't get rid of!
    Hey I do, do you have pictures?

I have a beautiful pair of brown Vogel field boots looking for a new home. I think they are about a ladies' 9, thin calf (around 14+") and about 18.5" tall (boot height, not sole).

PM me if interested. pics available.

I PM'd you........

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    I ordered a pair from Dogwood a week ago. The regular calf short height wasn't in stock so it will be a little while before they arrive.
    I think you'll like them! I'm still working on getting mine broken in, they're not very comfy to walk in but they're great for riding in. Mine are the reg calf, short height as well and they were back ordered too, it didn't take them long to get them in, only a week or so.
    __________________________________________________ _
    Proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals!

Thanks Brigit and I admit that I am beyond curious to get them! The end of week #2 is fast approaching and no word of them being shipped out yet but maybe tomorrow.....

This thread inspired me to go looking around for brown boots.

Today I happened to score on ebay a pair of apparently genuine USGI M1940 cavalry boots, in what appears to be very good condition, for a very reasonable price.

Not as fashionable as say Dehners, Vogels, or Horse Countrys. But being a man and a military veteran, they are kinda my style.

Link to auction since images are not supported: US M1940 boots

Bumping this up in attempt to help someone live their brown field boot dream, haha. I have a pair of brown field boots that I've outgrown and I figure they ought to be enjoyed by someone. Feel free to PM for details.

These come in all kinds of colors! Including blue and green . Translates to about $556 US right now.

https://www.brogini.com/product_deta...attr3=EXEX-50C

I found a killer deal on a pair of hand made in Argentina brown field boots.

All I had to do to get them ready to ride was to have the calves stretched to fit, re-lace them properly, and give them a quick clean and polish.

These boots are every bit the equal of Dehners and Vogels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180720958212...84.m1439.l2649

Nice looking, and cheap, pair of brown Vogels on ebay today for someone with small feet. They look just like the ones I had in the '70s. Three size smaller, however!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-E-Vo...item3f0f738fce