The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Wish I knew, but the journey is interesting

I succumbed to temptation and and ordered long boots with TASSELS (love tassels) in brown leather from the manufacturer in Spain - for 70 euro. They arrived in good time. Lovely boots - but just a fraction too small for my fat legs!

http://www.marjoman.net/en/
    "Good young horses are bred, but good advanced horses are trained" Sam Griffiths

Those are gorgeous. What size are they?????
    Donald Trump - proven liar, cheat, traitor and rapist of children! Hillary Clinton won in 2016, but we have all lost.

So now that brown boots are easier to get how do you keep them clean and polished without darkening them? I recently got the Mountain Horse Sovereign boots that are light brown with darker brown tops and want to keep them that way (minus the wear marks from riding). Would a clear polish be best or should I start searching for light brown polish? Is there anything else that should be considered with brown boots vs black?

Quote Originally Posted by Willesdon View Post
    I succumbed to temptation and and ordered long boots with TASSELS (love tassels) in brown leather from the manufacturer in Spain - for 70 euro. They arrived in good time. Lovely boots - but just a fraction too small for my fat legs!

http://www.marjoman.net/en/
    Oh no! Are you certain they're too small? I can't count the number of times I've sworn leather boots or half chaps were too small, only to have them stretch out and fit perfectly after several rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
    So now that brown boots are easier to get how do you keep them clean and polished without darkening them? I recently got the Mountain Horse Sovereign boots that are light brown with darker brown tops and want to keep them that way (minus the wear marks from riding). Would a clear polish be best or should I start searching for light brown polish? Is there anything else that should be considered with brown boots vs black?
    Meltonian makes "shoe cream" in a wide variety of colors, including some shades of light brown.

1 members found this post helpful.

You use Kiwi Tan shoe polish. http://www.kiwicare.com/cms/us/produ...te-polish.html

There used to be 3 shades of tan - but I guess that's gone by the wayside.

Or; https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir...am-polish.html
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

I like the Urad polish. It's very light and works well on my Ariat's which are a cognac color. I believe they offer both light brown and dark brown.