The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

I was browsing on ebay.co.uk and found out that my FAVORITE (Favourite?) winter boots, the Ariat Bromonts come in the "chocolate" variety! Alas, they only seem to be available on the other side of the pond. I would just have my MIL bring them over, but they are 250GPB, or around $400USD. The Bromonts here are $200! I'm finding it difficult to justify

Also, a small PSA, that I spoke to the Ovation reps at Rolex this year about their Ovation Aeros (which come in brown, but are dress boots for $250)--they have assured me that they are in the works for developing a modestly priced BROWN field boot.

Quote Originally Posted by ISR View Post
    I was browsing on ebay.co.uk and found out that my FAVORITE (Favourite?) winter boots, the Ariat Bromonts come in the "chocolate" variety! Alas, they only seem to be available on the other side of the pond. I would just have my MIL bring them over, but they are 250GPB, or around $400USD. The Bromonts here are $200! I'm finding it difficult to justify

Also, a small PSA, that I spoke to the Ovation reps at Rolex this year about their Ovation Aeros (which come in brown, but are dress boots for $250)--they have assured me that they are in the works for developing a modestly priced BROWN field boot.
    This person in the UK is selling Brown Parlanti Tall boots on auction, starting bid around $30 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=111065494468 I think they look pretty good in Brown, I have Black myself but hey ho.
    YAY!! I finally figured out how to upload a photo! lol im such a computer loser!

Sorry wrong link, I'm such a computer loser!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111065214492
    YAY!! I finally figured out how to upload a photo! lol im such a computer loser!

Quote Originally Posted by horseygirlLA View Post
    Sorry wrong link, I'm such a computer loser!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111065214492
    Wow, they sound like a steal for the low starting bid of 20, alas the browns have a starting price of 330 quid!

Wow, they sound like a steal for the low starting bid of 20, alas the browns have a starting price of 330 quid!
    And this poster has been known for advertising this seller previously.

1 members found this post helpful.

Last edited by jawa; May. 2, 2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: oops

Question for moderator?
    Is it allowed to post a link to my EBay auction?

^^^ Generally yes, if you are not the seller, and have nothing to do with the listing.

A "PSA" is okay - advertising is not.

Quote Originally Posted by jody jaffe View Post
    Question for moderator?
    Is it allowed to post a link to my EBay auction?
    You're not the one I just purchased boots from are you? $105 for new brown field boots in a popular 7.5 reg/med size makes me feel like I stole them--hope they fit.

Nope mine are a custom size and you did steal those! Looks like mine are going for 250

Well, they fit like a glove! I don't know how to post a picture, but they are wonderful! Doesn't appear to be any identifying markers, and previous owner can't remember where they came from (?!?!?!). They were brand new, and I rode them all day in a hunter pace on Saturday, very comfortable leather!

I *think* they may be very similar to some that are being sold on ebay by way of India/Pakistan (for about $140). Obviously they aren't the same quality as Vogels, etc, but they seem well made, and the zippers seem very sturdy. I received a ton of compliments

I purchased the HKMs from Dogwood at Inches. They are much darker than the picture showed. I was hoping for a milk chocolate color, mine are more like hot fudge. Sheesh, can you tell I'm hungry? lol. I ordered them a bit bigger around the calf because I have one pair of breeches that bunch up and they definitely fit with room. I was concerned about them being too short as well (someone mentioned) and luckily they have the spanish tops so it is okay. I emailed back and forth with Rosslyn and she never mentioned the color difference until I contacted her after boots arrived. They are absolutely stunning but not what I was looking for so I may be selling soon *sigh*. I usually wear a 37 in European sizes but was advised to purchase a 38 and I'm happy I did. Has anyone else with HKMs noticed a difference in color? Shipping them back will not be worth it financially. Thoughts?
    "As you get older, the hardest thing about riding is the ground"- anonymous

What is with brown dress boots? Does anyone wear these regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    If I had some I would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    I don't believe they are "correct". However, the Ovation Aeros are very comfortable, and come in a lovely Havana brown color (and are affordable (~$220)

Would you wear brown dress boots hunting? I always thought it was traditionally brown field boots, black dress boots, but I seem to see a lot of brown dress boots and I never know what to make of them.

I believe brown field boots are for cubbing and ratcatcher...........and black dress boots are for formal hunting.
    Of course, some hunts are more lenient, but this is what is traditionally correct IMO.......
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

Well, they fit like a glove! I don't know how to post a picture, but they are wonderful! Doesn't appear to be any identifying markers, and previous owner can't remember where they came from (?!?!?!). They were brand new, and I rode them all day in a hunter pace on Saturday, very comfortable leather!

I *think* they may be very similar to some that are being sold on ebay by way of India/Pakistan (for about $140). Obviously they aren't the same quality as Vogels, etc, but they seem well made, and the zippers seem very sturdy. I received a ton of compliments
    Here are my knock-off Vogels in action:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2&l=7d9808f918

They are very comfortable, zero break in time, the leather isn't super high quality (obviously for $100!), but the zippers are well made, and they are easy on/off.

Here is the link on eBay (looks like the price have gone up since I purchased them)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladies-Field...item518d12b9b8

OK, hunting is almost over, so time to start thinking about cubbing (a mere 6 months away!).

Look who FINALLY got the message that there is a demand on this side of the pond for brown boots:
    http://www.doversaddlery.com/t/Product.aspx?p=X1-380349

I picked up a pair of brown dress boots on eBay (Marlboroughs, an English brand). I plan to use them just for hacking about, but I bet some hunts would allow them for ratcatcher.