The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

If anyone out there has small feet, here's a great buy on brown Dehner field boots:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dehner-Engli...item4cfee2e863

Corky, did you ever have any luck selling your boots?

PSA: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-Br...ht_3274wt_1270

I'd buy them but my tree trunk legs prohibit it.

Should brown field boots for fox hunting have toe caps,punched or not?

Default Back on the Hunt!

Has anyone had any dealings with Stoob International? I was just about ready to place an order, then I noticed that they actually cribbed parts of their website directly from Dehner! Talk about a red flag. That really sucks because they appear to have my combo of big foot, large calf, tall leg, low price.

Sadly, I'm going to have to sell the pair of lovely brown Dehners I just bought from a fellow COTHer. That makes two pair I have taunting me from the closet. The sound of brown field boots going "neener, neener, neener" is unbearable.

I posted a thread about these in Off Course a few months back and got zero responses, but has anyone tried these:

http://www.adamshorsesupplies.com/Ov...oot-P5756.aspx

They just came out a few months ago, but I think that brown color has the chance of being quite lovely. I'm sure they're not gorgeous quality for the price, but the price is part of the appeal.

So is the fact that they'd geared towards shorties, like me!

2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Here is a nice pair of brown Dehners with no reserve. Someone could end up with a nice deal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dehner-brown...#ht_500wt_1413

Darn you, SLW! I was watching those and now I have competition!

Actually, I have Brown Dehners that I snagged on eBay, but they're really a bit tall on me, so I'm watching these for something a little shorter.

Oops, sorry!!

I've been eyeing those too. other than I REALLY REALLY do not need another pair of riding boots, they are too beautiful. And my size if I measure my own dehners...

But I'm feeling poor so will likely get outbid.

It's OK, SLW. The pair I have are very nice. The cuff lining needs repair, and I've written to Dehner, so I can always have them cut down a bit when they do the repair. But I don't think I'll have time to complete the repairs before cub hunting, so I'll just have to bear the discomfort of too tall boots a little longer.

Scroll to the bottom of hunthorse.com to find:

Dehner brown field boots in good condition. Ladies size 8. Give me a call for measurements and photos. These are nice boots just in time for cubbing season! $200.00 717-765-4114

http://www.hunthorse.com/horsesforsale.htm

OK, I might be back on the hunt for brown boots. I've been corresponding with Dehner about the pair I bought on eBay. Besides being too tall, the leather of the cuff lining is dry and crumbling away. So I wrote to Dehner to see if they might be able to repair the boots. Unfortunately, they can't because my boots were made in......December, 1968!!
    So I am older thatn the boots, but not by a lot
    Dehner suggested I just keep wearing them until they go. But when I'm in VA in the fall, I might have Journeyman's leather take a look at them. The outside leather is in pristine condition, so I hate to give up.

I nearly posted about some boots I saw on eBay a couple of days ago, and then I thought "hmmmm.... what if one of our rank is watching them, waiting to pounce...and them somebody has to go and blab..." So I didn't mention it. Tough call here--do we tell all and hope a COTHer scores the deal, or do we keep mum, so we don't wreck a find for someone?

My search has at least a temporary hiatus. I found an interesting pair of Ariat Rydal boots, bought them from eBay and they FIT! Kinda cute--not at all correct for hunting, but good for hacking, hound exercise, perhaps toodling around Spain and Ireland in the rain. Kinda cute because if you wear a size 11/12 shoe, it's never really cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinderella View Post
    OK, I might be back on the hunt for brown boots. I've been corresponding with Dehner about the pair I bought on eBay. Besides being too tall, the leather of the cuff lining is dry and crumbling away. So I wrote to Dehner to see if they might be able to repair the boots. Unfortunately, they can't because my boots were made in......December, 1968!!
    So I am older thatn the boots, but not by a lot
    Dehner suggested I just keep wearing them until they go. But when I'm in VA in the fall, I might have Journeyman's leather take a look at them. The outside leather is in pristine condition, so I hate to give up.
    An ex-Master of my acquaintance is now 93. His Dehner boots were 50 years old when we were still hunting together in the mid-to-late '80s. As far as I know, they're still in good shape. I guess the quality had slipped between the 1930s and the 1960s if yours are failing after only 44 years!

I believe that if mine had been used regularly for all of those 44 years, they would have been just fine. I had a saddle that was 60 years old and in wonderful condition. Sadly, it seems that my boots were not used at all, and the lining just dried out. I'll keep oiling them as well as I can and see how long I can keep them going.
    Perhaps I should ask your ex-master the secret of his boots' longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHorseProblem View Post
    Hi Problem! The link didn't work but I'll look them up. Thanks!