The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Buwhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa
    I have on the pair LarksMom sent me to try. Buwhahahaaa THEY FIT. I am beyond happy. Thanks, LarksMom!
    DH wanted to know why I needed 3 pair of boots. Um, er, I got all three pairs at great prices? Just Because? DH was OK with that. :-)

Default Cheap! Brown Ladies 10 Field boots on eBay NOW

Quick! They're $25 Buy it Now! Made by Justin, correct ladies brown field boots! They are brand NEW! Too small for me. 17 1/2" tall, 10B foot, 17" diameter at the top and really look nice. Someone's going to get lucky!

Item #250976436144

Ufff, I am trying to get these, I really really need new boots! My paddock boots are falling apart (thanks Ariat! $190 paddock boots should totally self destruct).

BUT... I don't do paypal. I have a long running dispute with them. Seeing if DH has a buddy that can paypal them for me.

I sooooo want these, to go with my brown helmet, and well brown everything...

10 is a bit big, but I will make it work.

The rest of you stay back! :P

There are also some brown dehners on eBay. One pair is a women's size, pretty well used but look as though there's plenty of life left in them. The other pair is a men's pair, for any guys out there who are looking.

Boo! Just tried to buy them but they were swooped already!

Oh well!

Heh. I just bought a pair of custom Dehner brown field boots. They fit like they were painted on. Since you're not supposed to break them in riding, I wore them around town for a few days. *With* Tweed jacket and tie, and flatcap, since it seemed tacky to wear my usual sleezy sheatshirt with them. Rather snazzy outfit for walking the dogs. Quite proper if I was the dogwalker for Downton Abbey.

In preparation for retirement next year, when I'll be poor, I also got a pair of Dehner brown top boots. They broke in nicely, and have already had them out hunting a couple times. The cuffs are snug, and feel like if I gain an ounce, they'll cut me off at the knees.

What creeps me out is they are nice enough to last the rest of my life. Literally, the last pair of boots I'll ever buy. Unless I crash spectacularly sometime and some enthusiastic Virginia emergency room cuts them off me while treating my broken arm....

Hahah Major Mark, well hopefully you won't ever need new boots.

Ironically... I need new tall boots, my last pair (that I bought FOREVER ago - I usually ride in chaps) did get cut off by paramedics!

Right down the inside. Luckily the boots where a bit big, so I was able to get them sewn back together, but that was in 1995 or so.... its time for new boots!

Major Mark--you'd better believe those Dehner brown tops are unforgiving. My husband did gain "an ounce" and it took 3 large adults 10 minutes to get his left boot off at the first formal hunt this year. It was oh oh--better take this one off, it's not going on. But it was superglued halfway up his leg. Brute force would not pull it off, it took wiggling and breaking the vacuum to manage the feat. Only three of us were laughing, the wearer was NOT amused.

Note to everyone, put some wiggle room in your custom boots and remember to try everything on at home before opening meet.

Does anyone know if it was a COTHer that scored on the Justin boots?

Default More Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOND-BOOT-CO...item4843b098ec

AHHH! These are too small! Looks like these could end up a great deal. They look brand new.. Effinghams, size 8 reg. calf.

I bought a pair of the brown dogwood boots and they are decent, very correct and comfortable. A nice replacement when my half chaps/paddock boots are no longer useable.

However, back in late November I did com across a pair of perfect, lightly used brown Dehners on eBay.

Ditto the comments above about allowing room for seasonal weight gain and/or wearing fleece lined hunting breeches. I have a pair of warm weather Dehners and a second little wider in the calf/foot Dehners to use on cold days when the breech/sock layers are thicker.

Actually I have 5 pairs of Dehners. My original 1976 black field boots that are a relic of my teenage show days, the two dress boots above, another pair of dress boots from eBay with patent tops that ended up being too short and now the brown field boots. This might be an addiction with me....

Exclamation PSA: Too Tight is Too Much

Major Mark,
    You can get gussets if you need to. Journeyman Saddlers can do discrete wonders. There is also leather stretch for the do-it -yourselfer.

Just a word of warning:
    Don't try to force the issue if they are too tight to be comfortable. Years ago, with my first pair of custom boots, I gained muscle as I got fitter. They got very tight, and I went to spray silicone, baby powder and whatever else was lying around.

I got a blood clot in my leg from the tightness/pressure. Ended up at the doctor, who wanted to put me in the hospital. I had a competition coming up, so he had an idea. I was given a script for bute for me. The news that weekend was that Prince Phillip had a similar situation, took bute, and then really had a quick trip to the hospital. Bute turns out to be really bad for people.
    Intermediate Riding Skills

Wish I knew, but the journey is interesting

Default Radical alternative

I was riding in Spain a few years ago and purchased a pair of fancy brown boots in Jerez. Next day wore them for 8 hours in the saddle with no discomfort. Now have three pairs and going on to the website http://www.valverdebotas.com think I might get a fourth! Good leather, lined cuffs, fitted my large calves etc. Only drawback, they are fast becoming a fashion item here in the UK.

My husband and I fell for the custom made Spanish boots when we went to the WEG in Jerez in 2002. My feet were badly swollen from heat and walking when we were measured. I guess they over compensated and when my lovely brown boots arrived, they were too small. My husband's fit exquisitely and look smashing. I swapped mine for a sandwich case so it was a fair outcome. When I looked at the Valverde site, they only go up to a size 40--we wear size 43 and 48. I think many Bigfoot sightings may be our fault.....

Ugh people, I STILL HAVE a pair of Grand Prix (Elite) brown field boots, true to 7.5R sizing and in amazing condition and I can't GIVE them away in Canada?! I emailed Middleburg Tack Exchange to see if they'd take them as a mail-in Consignment and got no reply

Is ebay really my only/best option? I'm short on cash right now and would love to get rid of these since I can't put the damn things on without lipo-ing my calves. Has anyone sold stuff like this on ebay before? I don't want to get ripped off, I mean they are nice boots but I'd be happy to take $175 for them at this point, which is about what I paid. Advice?? I've never listed on Ebay, any one here sold stuff that way?

The big thing with selling them online is getting true measurements. I bought a pair of brown Dehners on Ebay, and I believe the foot size is correct, but I can't get them over my calves ! So I'm in the same boat - trying to sell them but I need to get good measurements to find someone with skinny calves who can wear them. . . ?

http://wynnstayonline.co.uk/clothing...long-boot.html

I don't know if they ship to the US, but the price is right and these look lovely.
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

I've had very good luck both buying and selling on eBay. You can set your reserve at $175 if you want to be sure to get that. There is a cost, but you get paid (through Paypal) and you get the largest possible pool of buyers. Be sure to put up lots of pictures, and detailed measurements.

There is a lovely (and spendy) pair of TAN boots on Ebay right now. I linked it in the Dressage section (I bought a brown dressage saddle) Last page.
    Also a company that seems to carry quite a few different types of boots in brown.
    Last edited by betonbill; Feb. 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: typo

2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Congratulations! Nice eBay score!