The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default First Impression - 80's TB hunter mare - Possibly from VA

Looking for information:

First Impression Chestnut mare reportedly shown at the "Garden". Bred to Grande Saber. Produced Devon winner Grande Impression. Only need a name or the pedigree!! Will take any lead!

Keg Berlin of Chesapeake Virgina may have leased the mare in the late 80's as a broodmare.
    US BRED Champions Rule!GRANDE SOVEREIGN - Grande Leviticus, Eleventh Hour, Grande Desire,Couture du Jour,Roman Holiday,Kyrie 'd Triomphe,Grande Impression,Grande Celeste, Grande Divina & GRAND AFFAIR

Tracey Kestler & the mare First Impression - were Junior Working Hunter Grand Champions @ WIHS in 1988.

First Impression was the National Champion around that time also.
    Any records or photos would be very appreciated!!
    US BRED Champions Rule!GRANDE SOVEREIGN - Grande Leviticus, Eleventh Hour, Grande Desire,Couture du Jour,Roman Holiday,Kyrie 'd Triomphe,Grande Impression,Grande Celeste, Grande Divina & GRAND AFFAIR

Default First Impression shown by Tracey Kestler 1988

"Tracey Kestler, 18 , and her Thoroughbred mare First Impression are no strangers to wining,...but aren’t tired of the glory yet. Last year’s winning combination in the $2500 Charles Schwab & Co Junior Hunter Classic came back and repeated with an overall average score of 87 for the three judge, two round event. "

I found this referenced in the 1988 COTH Volume 51 Issues 41-53. Anyone have those back issues? Any pics??

Found she may have been purchased on the West Coast from Nancy Norstrum.

I have a mare out of First Impression and need to establish bloodlines & breed. Crossing my fingers she was JC!!!! Please PM me if yo have any other info.

Cool Found the Record! Grande Impression - out of HOY First Impression!

"Tracey Kestler, 18 , and her Thoroughbred mare First Impression are no strangers to wining,...but aren’t tired of the glory yet. Last year’s winning combination in the $2500 Charles Schwab & Co Junior Hunter Classic came back and repeated with an overall average score of 87 for the three judge, two round event. "

I heard from Tracey and she provided this...

"First Impression was HOY in '86 & '88, & was reserve in '87. Also, she was Grand Hunter Champion at the WIHS & Reserve Small Hunter at The National at MSG in '88, which was our last year together. I have a few photos of her.

Though I only had her for 3 years, First Impression was, & has remained, an incredibly important part of my life. She was truly very special."

Pictures and more bio on MySportHorse.US on Facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MySpo...90801087625777

My Grande Impression - Grande Saber X First Impression has quite the show pedigree!

Thanks Tracey!