The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Two very friendly cats need barn homes (Baltimore MD)

I have two very friendly male cats who are looking for either a barn or an indoor/outdoor home. They don't have to go together, although I think both would appreciate having other kitty buddies.

Baxter actually has already been a barn cat. He was part of a group of ferals that was living at a barn. I helped get the group trapped & spayed/neutered about a year and a half ago, and we discovered Baxter was friendly, not feral at all. (He was likely dumped out in the country and found his way to this farm.) I actually adopted him out to a home already, but he wasn't the greatest about using the litter box and got returned to me, so I think he would prefer either an indoor/outdoor or a barn home.

He is a bit on the shy side, but LOVES people and loves to be petted. He gets along fine with other cats, also. (I have not had him around dogs.) If he were to be a barn cat, he'd probably do best in a private barn rather than a boarding facility, since he does take a little bit of time to warm up to new people. He really loves attention, so I want him to go somewhere that he'll be a cherished pet, not just free rodent patrol. He is probably about 3 years old, neutered, current on vaccinations, and FIV/FELV negative.

Sebastian is a more recent rescue -- he was sitting on my porch when I got up one morning about 2 months ago. Had never seen him before, but obviously he knew which house to go to for rescue.

Poor Sebastian's whole back was COVERED with mats when I found him. I had to cut them all out with clippers. He is a BIG boy... he weighs about 14 lbs. Solid black. He is quite friendly and likes to follow you around (and will head-butt you if you're doing anything down where he can reach you), but he's also a bit "studdish" and may not do well as an indoor pet. And, to be honest, being big, black, and somewhat beaten up from life on the street, he's not highly adoptable anyway. He seems to get along pretty well with other cats, has not been around dogs. He is probably about 2-3 years old, neutered, vaccinated, tested negative.

Happy to deliver either of these guys anywhere within 2-3 hours of Baltimore.

(Baxter is the solid gray kitty; Sebastian is the black... one of the photos is the "before" picture of all his mats.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4455.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	33357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0745.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	33358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0530.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	33359   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0771.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	33360   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2753.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	33361  

Erin, I'm interested in these guys as well. Perhaps they'd teach George to trust people a bit more. (He already loves the dog!)

Yvonne
    Yvonne Lucas
    Red Moon Farm
    redmoonfarm.com

"Practice doesn't make perfect. PERFECT practice makes perfect." - Jim Wofford

"Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant." - Jim Wofford

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Oh, both these guys are super-friendly (although Baxter may be a bit timid at first). They are not feral in the least, I just think Baxter wants to be outdoors some, and Sebastian is just going to be too hard to place as an indoor guy.

I'll send you an email!

Erin, wish I had the room but we had 4 more cats dumped at our place over the late winter. One had 6 kittens too.

BTW, Bob has decided he wants to be a barn cat now! At least while the weather is nice. And he has a fascination with getting in everyone's car who comes to visit. He's such a hoot. Here is is with his hula hoops.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9455.570213814

I asked Brewski. But he said "no" to the idea of adding a kitty friend. He enjoys being king of the farm. Even the dogs are afraid of him - if he thinks they are getting too much attention he walks up and swats them. He's the best barn cat ever.