The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free TBs - Upperco/Hampstead MD

And from what I can see these guys look nice! I do not know the owner other than the brief conversation I just had, and there is an email going around Maryland that may or may not go viral here soon, but figured I'd post here for more exposure for her, as she's not really tech savvie.

Flashing Fox: (Majestic Linda x Dawn Quixote) Reg. but unbroken...Bright red chestnut with lots of chrome... 8 yrs. old 15.2 h TB gelding.... EZ keeper....Very QH-like.... Broken to tack....Last summer he learned Monty Roberts' principles of 'Join-Up', but he did not get 'backed' (due to no help).... Foxy would make great show hunter, event, trail or endurance, field hunter or even play polo!

Big Brown Storm (Garnet Mine x Parker's Storm Cat) Not registered & unbroken....3 yrs. old 15.3 h TB colt....Striking dappled black bay with blaze face & sox.... Floaty mover....Brownie can learn any discipline....Still time to get to the races, but $1500 stud fee must be paid to Country Life Farm to register him....(All due to lack of funds)....Bred to run.... His dam produces winners!

Warriorinthestorm (Sophisticatedstorm x No Armistice) Reg., but Fasig-Tipton holds his papers & can be redeemed for prox. $1078....Unbroken....4 yrs. old 15.2h. TB colt....Cute dk. dappled bay.... Very floaty mover with speed.... Still time to get to the races, but Warrior can learn any discipline.... Ideal size to be a super endurance horse....If left a stud, would be a great large hunter pony cross sire or even a polo pony sire.... Speed & stamina & smarts!

Johnny My Angel (Sophisticatedstorm x Unbridled Jet) 5 yrs. old 16.1 h. unbroken ridgeling.... (One testicle is down...Possibility of putting him on ground tranqued for vet to pull other one down to geld him.) Reg....Johnny has the most gleaming dappled mahogany bay coat you will ever see! Floaty mover....Would make a pet hack & be your best buddy!

Moonie (Sophisticatedstorm x No Armistice) 3 yrs. old 15 h. copper chestnut filly with a moon on her face....Verrry cute & a floaty mover....Unbroken & not reg....Moonie would make a pretty small hunter or small dressage or event horse, or even trail & endurance....Moonie's sweet!

Secret Moon (Reg. name: Risky's Reflection) 7 yrs. old 15.2 h. rose gray mare.... Very pretty, kind & sane....EZ keeper QH type....Broken by A-level event rider....Ran one time at Laurel.... Has hacked at home in paddock.... Secret can do anything!

Queen in the Moon (Garnet Mine x Commitisize) 8 yrs. old 16.1 h. black bay mare with blaze face & sox....Good looking, floaty mover & very athletic....Broken by same A-level eventer as Secret....Won two races at Laurel & some checks, but we ran out of money.... Queenie has many races left in her & was a happy racehorse, but is a 'quick study' & will be a STAR doing anything....Jumping, eventing, dressage, fox chase, steeplechase, you name it!

Cloudy Moon (Reg. name: Cloudy Afternoon) Early teens 16.3 h. freckled gray mare....Won 1 race at Colonial Downs & some checks.... Very kind, sane & steady....A few years ago hacked her all over our neighborhood with company....Teach Cloudy to jump & she'll make a super fox chaser or eventer!

Photos are available on facebook but I can't get ONTO facebook from here to link them. Search FB for "Mary Gale" - the one with the two horse's faces as profile picture. There is an album on there with pics of the horses (but can't really tell who is who yet)

The horses look nice and in good shape, the owner is just desperate to find them homes due to hitting some rough times. This is a very sweet lady who needs a helping hand and if you're at all interested, please call. I know that someone is probably going to be picking up 2-3 horses on Sunday, but that still leaves a bunch more. If you are in the area and have some time to help and a little room, these guys certainly need the help.

Owner is Mary Gale, her cell phone # is 410-808-3230

This is very time sensitive, so anyone who can help, please consider it!
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I've seen these horses in person and they are all very sweet and friendly. If you are looking for a project - they are worth a look.

I just read about this today and found a Facebook link to their pics:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...00002586493635
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Looks like two of these (at least) have found homes, not 100% but I believe it's the first two on the list, Flashing Fox and Big Brown Storm.

My CANTER blog.

Interesting update on the ABR forum thread:
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/alexb...s?msg=56276.13
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Tentative homes lined up for two more (one of the bay boys, and the younger of the two grey mares).

I'll be calling the owner a bit later, or tomorrow, to see how she's doing and to verify all that, as I'm getting info a bit secondhand.

My CANTER blog.

I called and left a message with her as well. Hopefully she will call back. I will try again this evening.
    \"A smart lady knows its ok to change her mind, a damn fool never does\"

klrmissy14 Guest

I am supposed to go look at them Saturday. I talked to the husband. He said its basically first come first serve.