The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Central/Northern NJ Backyard Boarding

I am looking for private, small, low key, backyard type boarding in central/northern NJ. Anyone have or know of anyone that has a backyard barn looking to make a couple of bucks on board? Ideally I would like to find a place that is very small - no other boarders or very few boarders. I am a very low key, low demanding boarder. I have a very high demanding stressfull job and use horses as my stress reliever and like boarding without the stess of a busy barn. I love trail riding and hunter paces, as well as taking lessons and horse showing. Just don't like the show barn atmosphere.

I have been boarding at my friend's 2 horse shed row barn and absolutly love it there. No ring - plenty of grass to ride on though. The place is not fancy by any means. The horses are so happy with the low key atmosphere. Friend is getting a second show horse, so I need to find a new home for my horse by 9/1/11.

Please let me know if anyone is looking to take on a boarder - I dont even mind helping out (I do it now for my friend) on the days I come and ride. Pick horses stalls, feed dinner, etc... As I said I am very low demanding and just looking for a happy place to spend my little time I have with my horse.

Is Frenchtown (Hunterdon County) too far? We're looking for a boarder or two and have a very low-key place. Current population two mares and one foal. Lots of fields to ride through and a grass ring.
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

Oh I should of probably included I live in somerset county (Hillsborough).

Frenchtown is a little far for me - about 45-50 minutes. I would really like to find something a little closer. I will keep you in mind though and I appriciate your response. If you know of anyone that is a little closer please let me know.

I am currently boarding in Pittstown, NJ...

What's your price range?
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

I would like to stay around $450 or under.

I am not that picky at all - Shed row, pasture turnout with shelter...

You have a PM.