The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hopeful half lease situation, very excited!*Picture and update Post 26*

So....I'm really really trying not to get my hopes up as I haven't even met him. His name is Spinach and he's near the bottom:

http://www.aberdeenstables.biz/sales

I posted on Off Course about being down about my horselessness as of late. I had inquired about this guy a few months ago but my personal life took a turn for the worse, had to find a new place to live quickly among other issues. I'm back on my feet and can thing of nothing better then a horse to love on to keep my mind off the past. I miss riding and being in a barn so much....this really could be wonderful!

I got in touch with the BM again to see if this lovely fellow was still available and heard back from her today. It sounds like a very good deal and he sounds like a lovely guy. The only thing that worries me a little bit is that he seems to be more of a "kick" ride whereas I much prefer a "woah" ride( I love the hotter, more sensitive types) so that would be something to get used to. I'm planning on going up there this weekend to meet the BM, BOs' and Spinach himself. Not to ride, just to get a feel of the place. Of course I'd lesson on him a few times before I'd do any half leasing and whatnot. The thing I like too is there are showing opportunities. Now I haven't shown in FOREVER ever but it's nice to have that opportunity. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.....but this could really work out! Thanks for listening to me blabber on! I'll certainly try to take some cell pictures of him if I get up there!
    Last edited by TatteredDaydreamer; Jul. 15, 2011 at 09:12 PM.
    "And my good dreams? They all come with a velvet muzzle and four legs. All my good dreams are about horses."--In Colt Blood

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

Good luck, I hope it works out for you! He looks like a sweetheart...and his name just makes me smile!

Congratulations!
    it sounds like a great deal.
    You can teach him to be sensitive to the leg & aids, rather than dull but it does take consistency & time, especially if he's been allowed/trained to tune out the rider.
    Just talk to the owner/trainer & see what market they're trying to sell him into

I don't think they're trying to sell at all, merely half lease him out. He's used for lessons as well and seems like a solid guy. He's got a very cute jump and looks to be a lovely mover. I can't wait to meet him in person!
    "And my good dreams? They all come with a velvet muzzle and four legs. All my good dreams are about horses."--In Colt Blood

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

hahahaha spinach. I love it
    I WAS a proud member of the *I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday* clique..but now I am 30!!!!!!!!!!!
    My new blog about my Finger Lakes Finest:
    She Ain't No Small Potato!

Yes, he seems to be way too cute! I wish it was the weekend already!

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

Quote Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
    Good luck, I hope it works out for you! He looks like a sweetheart...and his name just makes me smile!

^^^^My sentiments exactly!! ^^^^

Love his name, and he looks like a doll! Hope it works out :-)

That's it! I'm naming my next horse after a vegetable!

Rutabaga? Turnip? Awesome names!

Also, he looks great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community.

I've never had a vegetable named horse before, guess there's a first for everything. His name does make me chuckle though. He looks very handsome. Crossing everything I can physically cross that this weekend goes well.

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

super cute, love the name! Good luck and I hope it works out!

That horse is completely adorable.

Really cute horse! And the name....AMAZING.
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

Thanks ladies! Normally I'm a sucker for some chrome, but he's rather stunning in his plain bay suit!

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

He's adorable! And I love his name. Very off-beat
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

Thank you! Is it bad that I'm already browsing SmartPak? Oye.......

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

Yay! Just heard from the BM and I get to go visit the barn/her/Spinach Friday after work! Very exciting!

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

Good luck, we'll keep our fingers and toes crossed for ya too!

Thank you! It's like being a kid on christmas morning again....if it all works out. This will be the first thing I've done just for myself in a very, very long time.

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

That is awesome! Just the Best is a very nice sire, so this is a great deal on what is potentially a VERY talented horse. Good luck and keep us posted! And right now I am trying to figure out if I could show a pony (Bailey) in the adults. LOL.