The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You should not only keep us updated on Emmie's progress but you should also keep a journal of her adventures. You had me cracking up here and I love a good story. I would LOVE to read a story like this, told by someone with a knack for humorous, but brutally honest story telling. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ss3777:
    YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!

P.S. Can you jump the chicken coop? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spoken like a true eventer.....

You're not alone! I often buy horses sight unseen, and if someone calls, I've been known to say, yeah, just drop him off, I'll figure out SOMETHING to do with him.
    And I've always preferred emeralds to anything else, anyway! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif
    I've never had a horse vetted in my life. Come to think of it, I've never really SHOPPED for a horse in my life!
    So, I want to follow along with this story, it's sounding pretty good so far, and I can't wait for the next installment!
    LESS HARD WORK, MORE FINE DINING!™
    complicate, obfuscate, prevaricate.

Reynard Ridge - GOOD FOR YOU!!! My hubby knows that if I say I'm going to look at a horse, it's almost a given that it's coming home. I feel sorry for the poor man sometimes. I did the same thing, I brought my first horse home while my husband was still putting up the electric fence. The way I look at it, it's more of an incentive to get things done. Just be careful, one horse ends up turning into 2,3 or in my case....8.
    Dancing Lawn - I'm just like you, granted I don't deal in "high-end" horses, but of my 8, only one was vetted. I figure, if they don't work out with me, for what I pay for them, there's going to be a job they can do somewhere.
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault. And you know what, even if you have an excuse, shut up."
    Bruce Davidson, Sr.

Priceless!

But let me give you the benefit of a tip I learned many years ago ... you CAN take the trailer with you but drop it someplace down the road so you don't pull in to look at a horse with the trailer attached. I've found you can negotiate much better if the seller doesn't see the trailer!

Though the $700 is probably a reasonable price for an eventing prospect! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/winkgrin.gif

If you guys liked this story, go the the H/J board and read about where she took this little booger to the vet..I almost wet myself
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin