The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ugh, Craigslist

Yikes.

interesting that the "12 yr old boy started riding her", according to the date stamp on the pics, in 2007.

Who knows, maybe she would make a fabulous ride for the right kid. I sure am not going to throw her out with the bath water. If I had a grandchild kid "that size" I would snap her up in a heart beat. It appears she would probably pop over some of the gullies we encounter. Oh, & the bucks she throws at the beginning, learnign to sit those makes one a better rider later in life.
    Closest thing to a sauna around here would be tarping over a few cows, hold a bucket of water & light a match.

Oh, I agree. I'm saying ugh about the giant child riding her over jumps. She is skinny and out of shape and older, and god knows she's probably bucking because she hurts and the saddle and kid are too big and the kid can't ride. If I had a trailer, I'd take her, she could lounge with my mares and maybe do the occasional trail ride if she were up for it

Now I know where carousel designers got their initial ideas.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    Now I know where carousel designers got their initial ideas.

With that long-shanked western bit in her mouth and a kid at least a foot too tall for her that can't ride, I'm surprised she jumps at all. No wonder her nose is in the air over the jump, poor girl. Bet she's got a wonderful temperament to put up with all of that and still behave under saddle, aside from the warm-up bucking.
    Horse & Dog Designs: Clothing, Pendants, Water Bottles, Totes, Phone Cases, ETC:
    WoofNWhinny*
    NEW: Schnauzers, Boxers, Western, & Polo Ponies

Horsey Humor, Ponies, Barn Safety & More.

For a Craigslist ad, it is not horrible....most of the time there is some grinning, tall, overweight ADULT riding these ponies/horses along with the required photo of them standing on their back and the pony/horse running up porch steps....

Quote Originally Posted by WoofNWhinny* View Post
    With that long-shanked western bit in her mouth and a kid at least a foot too tall for her that can't ride, I'm surprised she jumps at all. No wonder her nose is in the air over the jump, poor girl. Bet she's got a wonderful temperament to put up with all of that and still behave under saddle, aside from the warm-up bucking.
    This!!!