The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Holsteiner/Han Verband Auctions...

Hey all,

Has anyone been to Germany and participated either through buying a horse from or just attending one of the holsteiner or hannovarian verband auctions? I would love to hear your experiences, see pics of the horses you bought and hear just your opinions overall.

Thanks

I haven't been to Holsteiner auction but the Hannoverian Auction is a lot of fun. It's nice to be able and see ~100 horses all at once. Just be forewarned that it is hard to keep to your original budget.

You can check out First Class who we bought at the Hannoverian Auction on our website.

Dan

I have been to the elite sport horse auction, as well as the auction of approved/unapproved stallions held after the Hengstekorung. There are some very good horses in these, and prices are very fair. The best will always bring money, as was the case the last time, when my friend purchased one for 100k. Thats in Euro's. The best deals I think are the unapproved stallions. These 2.5 year old colts are awesome, and get overlooked in my opinion because they weren't good enough to stand at the Verband. Worth a look.

However, I go directly to the breeders and find I can do better with out the competition that an auction brings. Depending on what you are looking for, going with someone who already has contacts will likely get you better for a better price. JHMO

Tim
    Sparling Rock Holsteiners
    www.sparlingrock.com