The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Fort Worth, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom View Post
    UPDATE for 2012: I called it off! Re-reading this thread reminded me what I didn't want to do again.

I told everyone that we just weren't up for a party in the middle of the week, so not this year. I have not heard any wailing or gnashing of teeth.

now cancel next year also since July 4th will be on a Thursday... you know give them some time to plan a replacement event

Lexington, KY

Quote Originally Posted by D Taylor View Post

After the last in law visit I told the hubby no more visits for long than 3 days. I prep' ed the house with cleaning, stocked groceries and more. Now do not get me wrong they are great folks but at their age need constant attention. Add in way to much venting about this, that and everything.....well I am already maid, ready cook, already cruise ship director. I refuse to be the shrink too cuz the experience is beyond exhausting anymore.
    Absolutely...because relatives, like fish, start to stink after three days.
    For all the cruelty and hardship of our world, we are not mere prisoners of fate. Our actions matter, and can bend history in the direction of justice.
    ~ Barack Obama