The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Missoula MT dressage?

Anyone know what the scene is like? Trainers.. barns.. shows etc?
    www.windhorsefrm.org and on Facebook too!
    Where mares rule and Basset Hounds drool!

Debra Butterfield had/ has a farm in Bozeman- if she's still in the area she may be able to recommend some one near Missoula ?

There used to also be a big dressage/combined training farm in Jackson Hole, Wyo that held lots of big rated/recognized shows, so there must be trainers in the region

Any updated info on this area?

Check out Treasure State in Lolo Mt. Also Chapeski Dressage again Lolo.
    Check with Meggan Holloway in Bozeman for other ideas: http://hollowaysprettygoodhorsebarn.com/meggan.htm

Default Dressage in MT

Hi there...coming to you direct from Missoula

There are a handful of barns/trainers in this area that specialize in dressage...I'm happy to give personal experiences if you prefer but I won't do that on a public forum.

Bob and Olivia Chapeski @ Chapeski Dressage (father/daughter team) www.chapeskidressage.com

Stephanie Kappes @ Treasure State Equestrian Center http://www.horse4sport.com/tsec.htm

Jeannie Gaudreau @ JMG Stables...Jeannie doesn't have a web page but if you want her info just google JMG Stables, Clinton, MT

Let me know if I can help you w/other details (farrier...vet...friendly face in the area)

ETA: While the showing scene isn't immense, there are 2 or 3 USDF shows every year in Missoula with several more in the surrounding areas. None of my showing-inclined friends seem to have trouble finding places to spend their entry fee fund

Depending on what you're looking for re: barns, there are lots of options, many close to town. Not all of them have an on site dressage trainer, however. I guess it depends on how much you like to drive.

Another one from Missoula here...
    I use the Chapeskis; specifically Olivia. She is a very talented rider and trainer. she has started two horses for me- (she actually ended up purchasing one of them from me). She gives an awesome lesson. I am originally from South Florida and I can't say I ever had a better lesson in all my years down there. The barn is a very well run facility as well.