The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Quality hunter show bridle under $300?

any suggestions for a nice hunter bridle under $300 that will darken and soften with oil?i would prefer fancy stitched & raised reins! Thanks!
    Last edited by juniorhunter1; Jul. 2, 2011 at 07:45 PM.

I just bought this one - http://www.smartpakequine.com/harwic...x?cm_vc=Search - and I LOVE it! It came soft and took the oil nicely. It has gotten better with each ride and cleaning. However, it is darker then the picture on the website. It is a dark brown color. Still very pretty though.

I will second the Harwich bridle from SmartPak. Probably one of the best buys you'll find under $300! Otherwise, consider used. You can find some great deals on Edgewood, Vespucci, AdT, etc on eBay and the like.

Beval has some nice bridles under $300. I have three bridles from Beval and have been happy with the way they have held up.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Why not buy a top quality used one? That way, you will not have any of the breaking-in hassles, and will likely get a much nicer bridle for the money.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

The wellfleet bridle from smartpak is also very very nice

Check out http://fivestartack.com/products.html

I have two jumper bridles for my boys and they are absolutely lovely. Really nice leather, excellent workmanship, and they donate some of their profits to charities. I am beyond pleased with the two I bought, which was on recommendations from other people.
    You can take a line and say it isn't straight- but that won't change its shape. Jets to Brazil

I got an amazing deal on a fairly new Edgewood bridle, reins (NEW!), and noseband for under $200 on eBay. Things pop up on their every day and there are some great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by brooksbaby View Post
    I got an amazing deal on a fairly new Edgewood bridle, reins (NEW!), and noseband for under $200 on eBay. Things pop up on their every day and there are some great deals.
    There is a Hadfield on there right now with Edgewood reins that you could check out. I've found lots of great deals on ebay

I just got the new Ovation comfort crown bridle in hazelnut and it is amazing the quality it is for the money.It has a padded crown piece and chin strap. I got mine from Victory Canter and it was an extra 10 % off plus you get canter cash toward your next purchase. It usually takes a little over a week to get in the mail but they are really nice bridles for the money and the color is really pretty. Matches my Crosby saddle perfect. They also have a standing martingale that matches. the bridle runs about $150

check out Hitching Post Tack on ebay. You can get a new Aramas for under $300. I got the wide noseband fancy stitched square raised on recommendation from another COTHer and its lovely. Aramas is made by Harmon Kraft, who are the same people that make the Smartpak Bridles. Plus, Hitching Post is great to work with!